Migrate to Atmosphere: Clean start advice

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After living off of SXOS and FW11 on my Mariko, I decided to bite the bullet and move to Atmosphere and a newer FW for some new games that don't run on 11 (FE 3Hopes is one).
Atmosphere migration worked, however during the FW update process with Daybreak, I get error 0x001b5c02. FW downloaded from Darthsternie, SD verified good. I previously used choidurnx to update emunand since I didn't know better. Games and stuff launch fine (except tinfoil) after doing sigpatches.

I'm really a noob to this sort of thing, and have almost no clue how switch hack land works; it's quite a bit different from 3DS land. Either way, the consensus with this issue is to wipe/format the SD and start fresh, whether it checks well or not and I have no qualms. However, I have legit purchased content and saves on the SD that I'd like to keep when I start with a clean emunand and sd. AFAIK I was also dumb enough not to update sysnand, so I believe it's still stuck on 10.2 and won't boot either.

My websearches can't give me anything definitive on taking the purchased content and saves into a new emmc, (probably not using the right keywords) and I would like any advice to:
Transfer the content to the new emunand (content was purchased before modification)
Remedy my screw-up on sysnand, preferably without fuse burning. I get on a Mariko that doesn't matter, but I'll wind up sleeping on it if I burn fuses.

Thank you.

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Create a new emummc via hekate, sound like problem sxos emunand.
Okay, is there anything else I need to do in regards to saves and content on the SD?

Also, I don't think sysnand boots up, since I didn't update it with emu. What should I do in the case the remade emunand won't start either?

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
use the search function at top there is a thread dedicated to migrating from SXOS to Atmosphère, also there is a dedicated guide to that:
Yes, I understand that. However those guides and many of the replies DO NOT assist me with my current issue: updating FW after migrating to Atmosphere.
In addition, as part of the migration, I already did recover boot0 and boot1.
Thank you.

Reactions: impeeza

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IMG_20230104_041351.jpg
IMG_20230104_041354.jpg

At this point I get I have to start with a new emunand. But so far, I haven't received any confirmation if my already downloaded legit material on SD needs anything special as part of the move. That's now what I'm asking here.
Thank you.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So posting only pics is not very cool to help you in your problem encountered during your update process.....did you downloaede the right Firmware Files that mathces you OFW ?

Did you do all things step by step.....as listed in the Tutorial?

Last but not least....write down what matches the pics....describe your problem ;)

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So posting only pics is not very cool to help you in your problem encountered during your update process.....did you downloaede the right Firmware Files that mathces you OFW ?

Did you do all things step by step.....as listed in the Tutorial?

Last but not least....write down what matches the pics....describe your problem ;)
I don't know how to explain this any different.
The OFW I have on sysnand is 10.2. However emunand was choidurnx'd to 11, this was done a while ago. I want to update emunand to 14.x.

And yes, I followed the tutorial exactly since I don't want to brick it.
And my problem is error 0x001b5c02 when I used daybreak on correctly downloaded mariko firmware from Darthsternie on my emunand running the latest Atmosphere.
At this point, I don't care if I have to start with a new emunand. All I want to know is if there is anything special I need to do for legit content on the SD.
I did not simply "slap stuff on an sd" I spent 6 hours reading and verifying before even attempting the migration and another 3 hours looking up this issue as well as related Daybreak errors. The only two things I got are: wipe SD and start fresh or make a new emunand. Both of which were derived from this forum.
Again, I'm not even asking about the Daybreak error anymore. I'm asking about legit content movement, which I haven't read a definitive answer about it.

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please read this Thread....maybe there are hints that could lead you in the direction to solve your Problem :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-ams-19-5-daybreak-fails-to-apply-firmware-update-12-1-0.591744/
That was one of the topics that told me to make a new emunand.
MD5's verified
SDCard verified with hstestw. Copied files to another 128GB SD card, blanked and formatted and verified with hstestw. Only stopped short of doing a whole clean setup because:
I am no longer concerned with preserving the current emunand, I simply want to know if there is anything necessary to do to preserve legit content on the SD when I do. I don't like using wierdo fonts, but I have bolded the former text to make it clear what my current intention is.

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So as my understanding is...every legit thing you obtained is in sysnand not in emunand, right ?
Yes

My websearches can't give me anything definitive on taking the purchased content and saves into a new emmc, (probably not using the right keywords) and I would like any advice to:
Transfer the content to the new emunand (content was purchased before modification)

I created the original emunand based on the sysnand I was running at the time, which was after I purchased content and downloaded to SD and nand, whatever the nintendo store did. The emunand was then updated to 11 with choidurnx so I could play Arceus, because I didn't know about Daybreak and I don't think Daybreak was a thing on SXOS. Or I'm going senile.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then do a clean Emunand with clean and new files that you downloaded and verified :)
What i ment is, all Firmware and CFW related Files for emunand, not the files in sysnand, if do a new emunand your sysnand stay untouched....buuuut....if you create a new one it would be the same firmware as your sysnand....cause if created in hekate, it takes your sysnand as base...after you created the new emunand with whatsoever firmware number, try to update to the version of you choice with daybreak.....:)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, is there anything else I need to do in regards to saves and content on the SD?

Also, I don't think sysnand boots up, since I didn't update it with emu. What should I do in the case the remade emunand won't start either?

Backup your save via jksv or checkpoint, as for games they need to be reinstalled.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

sdsw4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What i ment is, all Firmware and CFW related Files for emunand, not the files in sysnand, if do a new emunand your sysnand stay untouched....buuuut....if you create a new one it would be the same firmware as your sysnand....cause if created in hekate, it takes your sysnand as base...after you created the new emunand with whatsoever firmware number, try to update to the version of you choice with daybreak.....:)
Well umm actually
This whole time I was under the impression the outdated sysnand couldn't boot with Atmosphere, because it wouldn't boot in SXOS loader. (gave the fetal error contact nintendo thing)
Well, it turns out this whole thread could've been avoided if I just booted sysnand after migrating. Because then my uncertainty would've been eliminated and all I'd had to do was update sysnand then make new emunand with Hekate instead of worrying about other stuff. Turns out sysnand is more outdated than I thought.
IMG_20230104_045720.jpg

Wellp My apologies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr