Hacking Mighty Channels

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
coreduo0099 said:
Point well taken, however the USB Loaders work fine using the same cIOS on a 2TB drive... Not sure what the real issue is, but perhaps the author of cfg USB loader could share how he got it working on the same cIOS. 2TB support with USB Loaders has been working for many CIOS revs. I tried partitioning a 2TB drive and that did not work either.
This is not going to work and if you check the Triiforce-Google-Code-page you will know why. The USB-loaders initialize the USB-drives themselves while Triiforce depends on the NAND-emulation of cIOS. So if anyone can do something, it would be Waninkoko, but he is busy with PS3-hacking.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried beta5 and it works great, only one problem though. For some reason
when I try to download images it freezes. It says its downloading but doesnt show the progress
bar or anything. In beta4 the download of images worked fine. Just thought I'd point that
out in case other users were having a similiar problem. Anyone know why??

Edit: Could have just took a bit longer. Seems like it downloaded fine. I think maybe
because in beta5 its stated as "Downloads images for all regions if your region fails"

Maybe thats why it took a little longer than normal. Other than that everything else seems great.
Thanks Big Marcster.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
freestile said:
I tried beta5 and it works great, only one problem though. For some reason
when I try to download images it freezes. It says its downloading but doesnt show the progress
bar or anything. In beta4 the download of images worked fine. Just thought I'd point that
out in case other users were having a similiar problem. Anyone know why??

Edit: Could have just took a bit longer. Seems like it downloaded fine. I think maybe
because in beta5 its stated as "Downloads images for all regions if your region fails"

Maybe thats why it took a little longer than normal. Other than that everything else seems great.
Thanks Big Marcster.
I changed the download function.
I removed the progress bar to make it simplier (it just shows the loading circle at the bottom-right corner), this way I can reutilize a lot of code and make it lightier.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
digdug3 said:
marc_max said:
Thanks to everyone helping on translations. I'm missing italian and dutch if someone is interested.

I've send you a PM for dutch...
You just beat me to it digdug3...
marc_max, you can always note me down as backup translator dutch.
Also, i am planning to make some time to test your app...with sneekycompiler, i want to see what it does in combination with sneek.

Zazza

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Greetings...
I'm trying to use mighty channels on my Wii (v3.3E) with cIOSx v21. While launching (either as channel or from HBC) the application hangs on "Getting game list..." message. I've only extracted one wiiware .wad into the nand backup (done with bootmii from IOS) and nothing else. System is hung.

My meta.xml contains ios=249 and auto=SD.
Using auto=USB with my external formatted hard disk, MC returns "ERROR: I can't get title list. ret=-1" which I think it's normal since my hard disk is WBFS formatted.

Any ideas?
Thanks...

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
coreduo0099 said:
Point well taken, however the USB Loaders work fine using the same cIOS on a 2TB drive... Not sure what the real issue is, but perhaps the author of cfg USB loader could share how he got it working on the same cIOS. 2TB support with USB Loaders has been working for many CIOS revs. I tried partitioning a 2TB drive and that did not work either.
This is not going to work and if you check the Triiforce-Google-Code-page you will know why. The USB-loaders initialize the USB-drives themselves while Triiforce depends on the NAND-emulation of cIOS. So if anyone can do something, it would be Waninkoko, but he is busy with PS3-hacking.
Ahh. Thank you. That is what I was missing in my understanding. Would you happen to know what IOS / cIOS triiforce code uses within the emualted NAND? I'd like to do some tinkering/hacking with the emulated NAND IOSs...

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zazza said:
Greetings...
I'm trying to use mighty channels on my Wii (v3.3E) with cIOSx v21. While launching (either as channel or from HBC) the application hangs on "Getting game list..." message. I've only extracted one wiiware .wad into the nand backup (done with bootmii from IOS) and nothing else. System is hung.

My meta.xml contains ios=249 and auto=SD.
Using auto=USB with my external formatted hard disk, MC returns "ERROR: I can't get title list. ret=-1" which I think it's normal since my hard disk is WBFS formatted.

Any ideas?
Thanks...

What Base IOS are you using?
Also, try cIOS rev17. Had trouble with rev21(Base57) and NAND emu too.

Zazza

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi and thanks...
I've installed Waninkoko cIOS v21 with 249 (base 56), 250 (base 37) and 248 (base 57).
I've tried ios=249 and 250 with same results.

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zazza said:
Hi and thanks...
I've installed Waninkoko cIOS v21 with 249 (base 56), 250 (base 37) and 248 (base 57).
I've tried ios=249 and 250 with same results.

I would suggest you try 248 (base 57)
It that does not work for you, install rev17 (base 57).
That way it works for me.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@mamule Showmiii wads can probably do what you need. Or you can download
cIOS249[38]-v17.wad and change base with showmiiwads. Thats the only way I can think of
doing it, allthough I'm thinking as with triiforce rev 17 works best. I'm using
246[38]17 and havent had any problems yet, allthough for some reason bubble bobble plus
seems to take forever to load, but I think that its listed as taking long like that anyway.
Everything else seems to work fine.

atavol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the beta 4 release when launching mighty channels from a forwarder channel autoboot sd/usb worked with no problems. now in beta 5 autoboot only works from hbc. was this ability removed from beta 4 or is there any way to fix this?

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
freestile said:
@mamule Showmiii wads can probably do what you need. Or you can download
cIOS249[38]-v17.wad and change base with showmiiwads. Thats the only way I can think of
doing it, allthough I'm thinking as with triiforce rev 17 works best. I'm using
246[38]17 and havent had any problems yet, allthough for some reason bubble bobble plus
seems to take forever to load, but I think that its listed as taking long like that anyway.
Everything else seems to work fine.

SMW can not change a cIOS base .... A Slot yes ...
Or there's a manipulation that I would be happy to know.

Even with CIOS rev 20 or 21, it is impossible once the chosen base.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Thanks to italian and dutch translations. This is getting to the final release, thank you everyone
smile.gif

atavol said:
in the beta 4 release when launching mighty channels from a forwarder channel autoboot sd/usb worked with no problems. now in beta 5 autoboot only works from hbc. was this ability removed from beta 4 or is there any way to fix this?
I haven't changed anything in the boot part. Anyone having this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y