marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hugh Verdam said:
Interestingly, Mighty Channels previously played an audio snippet when you selected any banner. Now there is no audio at that initial click, although the game itself will play just fine. Acceptable trade-off, however, compared to having the nand in the root!
I haven't checked davebaol's mod, but in order to play sound the banner sound path should also be changed.
Whenever I have some time, I'll release beta6 with davebaol's edits and other changes.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
marc_max said:
I haven't checked davebaol's mod, but in order to play sound the banner sound path should also be changed.
Well, you should change the partition too.
The same should be made when creating the save file for games that need it.

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
-what file partition do you use?
I have only a single partition, FAT 32. Therefore, I use the argument below. (The modded version of) MC doesn't seem to work otherwise.

--partition=0

Wever said:
-what drive do you have?
Seagate FreeAgent 640 GB

Wever said:
-how does your meta.xml file look like? (or, more specifically: do you have "--partition=1" or "--partition=0" therein?)
Currently...

--ios=250
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/nand

QUOTE(Wever @ Feb 18 2011, 02:25 AM)
-what is the base IOS (or base IOS'es) that'll get it to load?
There's the heartbreak. I didn't make a note of it, so I can't tell you EXACTLY which combination was the holy grail. As best I can recollect, the beta 5 version of MC and "some" version of cIOSX-v21-d2x had it rockin'. When I did the last update with the modded MC beta 5 and cIOSX-v21-d2x-v3beta5, everything broke.

Late last night, I restored the /Nand directories back to the root and am searching for that holy grail again. Haven't found it. But at one point I had a setup where virtually no Wad seemed to crash. It was a beautiful thing.

Background---

Triiforce_MRC with rev17 worked passably well for me. I immediately upgraded to Mighty Channels because it does look lovely. When I did that, I completely wiped my emulated Nand and started over from scratch. I did a full dump from fs-dump for max compatibility. I only removed the wads from that Nand that were showing up in the MC menu. And all the Wads I've installed since were first cleared through OfflineList, so I know they're good. I use ShowMiiWads for all Nand editing and Wad installation and Multi-Mod Manager for all cIOS stuff. cIOSX-v21-d2x seemed to be the last piece of the puzzle falling into place and everything was, for a bit, perfect.

I've discovered that each time I replace a cIOS wad, it's best to turn the Wii all the way off (red light) instead of reboot or standby (amber light). Don't know why. I THINK my holy grail setup was with cIOSX-v21-d2x-v3bet3 installed at 250. However, that's the last thing I tried before going to bed last night and no go. I even tried the old trick of deleting UID.SYS and trying again this morning before work, but nada. At this point, MC consistently finds all the games, pulls up the list, and boots most of them to the first title screen. Then the screen goes black.

I guess I should have left well enough alone, but dangling that /NAND directory in front of an anal retentive organization freak like me was too much to resist!

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 2 Tera hard disk with only one Ntfs partition. If i partition my HD in NTFS - 1,0 TERA and 0,5 Tera FAT32 might channels can be work?

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great work davebaol !!!
It's working.
Partition 3 with root can be used.

I also tried some games with success. =D
The only games which are black are Castlevania Returns, Lost Winds and Lost Winds 2.

But nevertheless great great great process!!!
Thank you so much.

B

BryceOne

I installed "cIOS249[56]-v21d2x2-v3beta5". I have a FAT32 Partition on my HDD with a NAND in the root folder. "mighty_channels_beta5_MOD" works great, so does Triiforce that I had on there earlier. My 2nd partition is NTFS (with WBFS folder) for all my Wii ISOs. Is there any ISO Forwarder (for WiiWare/VC titles) that I can use with WiiFlow that works with this setup? I tried WAD2ISO but I just get a black screen..

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a short suggestion.
Is it also possible to link in the meta.xml to the config file and banners.
So you can create an individual folder structure.

I mean for example: --data=/mighty_channels_config_file_and_banner_path

Tested mighty channels beta 5 mod with cios 56 d2xbeta5 (all PAL):

Bonsai Barber = Title Screen freeze (worked with cios rev 17)
Lost Winds 1 = Black Screen after boot
Lost Winds 2 = Black Screen after company logo
Castlevania Adventure Rebirth = Black Screen after company logo
My Life as a Darklord = worked without issue
Dr. Mario = worked without issue
Art of Balance = worked without issue

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I've tried this with ciosx rev21d2x v2 (base 56) (and all betas) and ciosx rev17 (base 38).
To a start everything worked fine with both, rev21d2x loaded things much faster though.
Now i added some games and used a new nand backup, ciosx 249 rev17 loaded things as before, but with rev21d2x i just get,
"ERROR: I can't get title list. ret=-3"
Any leads on what it actually means? I've tried to recreate the nand backup, same thing.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got this to work on my 1tb drive, r17 gave me a -1 error but r21dx2base38 worked. Haven't tested a game yet, waiting for it to download images. :/

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
papermanzero said:
davebaol said:
Same as Fox888 with The Will of Dr.Frankenstein.

1. With beta5 code dump just right before the healt screen should show up.
2. Then using beta4 the game began to work
3. back to beta 5 without doing anything, just replaced the boot.dol and IT WORKS NOW WITH BETA 5

That's really weird.
blink.gif

If you want I can give you my emulated nand so you can check.
Let me know

Maybe this is the Bug. The config is eventually corrupted with Beta5.
But Beta4 is creating a correct config file. So if you create a config file with previous versions it will work.

Just some info :

i think there is something really wrong with Beta 5 and the config file i was able to play S & S - the will of dr. frankenstein and etc
but after i switch around on my wiiware stuff, these games will not work again..... but after i deleted the config file they worked again
blink.gif

so i´m looking forward to Beta 6 (hoping this weird issue is gone)
smile.gif

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
FYI cIOSX d2x v3beta6 has been released.

Logging is enabled just for debugging purpose, so please test and report.

just tried your v3b6 with Mighty Channels b5 and Mighty Channels b5 mod, but for me it is the same as v3b4 and v3b5 (can´t get S & S to work, like i can with v3b3)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks
smile.gif
i got it to work using 21b2 but it keeps telling me to Reinstall my WiiWare titles; all VC work only WiiWare will display this message "Turn off your console and reinstall WW Title" not exact word from word but that's what it says.

hopefully this b6 will work.

Not sure if it matters but loading games converted with Wad2ISO using rev17[249] they all play loading with rev5.1[222] with USB Loaders.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry i've posted in the wrong thread.

Mighty Channels is great.

In order to clean my disk, i've tried beta 5 mod with the path of the nand option.

I've tried a lot of cIOS beta, a lot of arg in meta.xml and i can't manage to get it work.

It boots, choose the device i'v specified in the meta.xml and always have the same error : I can't get title list -1

My USB drive is FAT32, one partition primary and active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D