Microsoft Vs Sony Vs Nintendo - E3 2012

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo had a terrible show, I can't see why anyone would convince themselves otherwise.

The "Wii U re-reveal" was still incredibly half assed. No specs. No price. No date. On the system itself, it was just a new controller design and another controller option. The games, I don't like them, there was still no Metroid-Mario-Zelda like everyone was hyping. Well there was New Super Mario Bros. U (?) but NSMB is probably the worst way to start demoing a system's capabilities. Give us Super Mario Galaxy 3 with all those graphics and shit and then we'll talk.

Sony also had a bad show. Felt more like a software showcase that'd be on a podcast or something. Only two big "reveals" (Beyond and Wonderbook) and the amount they offered was scarce. Especially for the Vita.

Microsoft, I don't care what people say, I liked it. It was more tech oriented than gaming but SmartGlass is a cool idea and combined with IE9, the Xbox 360 is shaping up to be the multimedia console. Which I absolutely want.

Reveals wise, Ubisoft had the most, despite having a terribly written show. Aisha Tyler is a funny girl, just not here.

E3 this year was just bad.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo had a terrible show, I can't see why anyone would convince themselves otherwise.

The "Wii U re-reveal" was still incredibly half assed. No specs. No price. No date. On the system itself, it was just a new controller design and another controller option. The games, I don't like them, there was still no Metroid-Mario-Zelda like everyone was hyping. Well there was New Super Mario Bros. U (?) but NSMB is probably the worst way to start demoing a system's capabilities. Give us Super Mario Galaxy 3 with all those graphics and shit and then we'll talk.

Sony also had a bad show. Felt more like a software showcase that'd be on a podcast or something. Only two big "reveals" (Beyond and Wonderbook) and the amount they offered was scarce. Especially for the Vita.

Microsoft, I don't care what people say, I liked it. It was more tech oriented than gaming but SmartGlass is a cool idea and combined with IE9, the Xbox 360 is shaping up to be the multimedia console. Which I absolutely want.

Reveals wise, Ubisoft had the most, despite having a terribly written show. Aisha Tyler is a funny girl, just not here.

E3 this year was just bad.
If only Nintendo themselves did not tell us that there will not be a price reveal, specs and launch release, then I'll agree with you.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest. (although the wonder glass is just another gimmick to me)

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
They all sucked really, except for Ubisoft. Watch Dogs, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3 (Not a big fan of the series, but it looks to be the best one yet, especially location-wise), etc.

Microsoft's conference was okay. Halo 4 looked good, although way too similar to 3 (In terms of the campaign that is). Black Ops 2 also looked pretty good (They seemed to have changed a lot. It didn't even look like CoD personally). Gears of War: Judgment didn't show enough for me to judge. Other than that, it was meh.

Only watched half of Sony's conference...I almost fell asleep during it because it was so boring. Nothing interested me, although I watched The Last Of Us footage, and it looked okay. It's set it Pittsburgh, which is one cool thing I like about it, although it's most likely not accurate at all.

Nintendo really disappointed me. The only new games were Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Nintendo Land. While I was pleased with the games they showed for the Wii U, they failed so badly in the 3DS conference. And again, the footage was nice, but I was hoping for something new, or at least some info about Animal Crossing 3DS, which was the main thing I wanted to see.

E3 this year was a big disappointment overall, and next year better be a big step-up from this.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
definitely Ubisoft as far as i'm concerned, their games looked great and it was spread all across platforms.
looking forward to AC3, and ZombiU, but most of all, Rayman Legends just looked so damned creative and awesomely fun.

though if it was between the big three, i think it's : nintendo won a bit over sony (paper mariooo fuck yeah), with microsoft looking good with halo 4, but sucking with usher.

also i will forever hate any dance games that are not DDR

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Though I don't like it, I must admit you're right.
In fact, with all the different shows nintendo gave, I was sure I missed the announcement of the price and date of the thing. Surely it HAS to be released this year, right? (if not, there was a rather "lacking" support of the wii). So why isn't this made public?
And while true that Mario plain sells consoles, it's rather awkward that the games that will take most use of the processor are third party ones. Okay, pikmin will probably show some HUGE ASS QUALITY GRASS...but it probably won't show outside cutscènes.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So wait. Nobody else was impressed with Miiverse!? That kinda won me overbwith the Wii U.
Miiverse was shown in the direct, not E3.

Btw, for those of you who bitch about Nintendo not revealing the release and launch price of the Wii U. Quit bitching. Nintendo themselves did mention that they will not reveal the launch date/price at E3. I wonder how many of you remembered.

If they didn't announce it though, I'll say that Nintendo really flunked this one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, for those of you who bitch about Nintendo not revealing the release and launch price of the Wii U. Quit bitching. Nintendo themselves did mention that they will not reveal the launch date/price at E3. I wonder how many of you remembered.

The fact that they said they won't reveal price, date, and specs doesn't make the fact that they didn't any better. If Sony said "We're gonna have very few games for the Vita", does that make their lack of Vita games excusable?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

The fact that they said they won't reveal price, date, and specs doesn't make the fact that they didn't any better. If Sony said "We're gonna have very few games for the Vita", does that make their lack of Vita games excusable?
To me:
If you tell me not to expect something, I definitely won't. If Sony says that they are not going to be showing much Vita games, I won't expect much as well. Likewise here.

If Nintendo already said that they won't reveal the price and release date, then I won't expect it and it won't affect how I view their E3 presentation because I don't expect them to reveal.

I'm not saying that Nintendo's show was FUCK AWESOME. Their show was horrible shit as well.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what you guys are talking about, E3 has been crappy for the last 7-8 years now. The quality has dramatically dropped. Hell, stages look boring as hell for each conference as well. And not to mention, I'm sorry but an hour, hour and a half is not enough time for companies to show off stuff. At least this years E3, nobody spoke about numbers and had graphs and charts and shit.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Nintendo have a new home console coming this year they didn't delivered killer apps for it. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the WiiU sucks or something like that. I'm saying that those games are not really greats to make a system seller. IMO the only really great games are just 2 Pikmin 3(WHICH IS NOT A LAUNCH GAME) and ZombiU. If Nintendo Land comes bundled with the WiiU(IMO it should) and its something like PSHome then will be really interesting.

Simply put "You want to bet" :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night