Microsoft to Start Shipping Xbox One Without Kinect

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh please, it may be an act to help secure more sales but it's by no means desperation.

If only they would release the kinectless console on the same day, they released their Xbox One with Kinect, no one wants to know that their console is recording you and that neighboor of yours across the road fucking on the couch and sending to the government, basically its a cheap way to shut up those people who want a Xbox One console without a recording spying camera attached to it, so yeah it is kinda a move of desperation and cheapness.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If only they would release the kinectless console on the same day, they released their Xbox One with Kinect, no one wants to know that their console is recording you and that neighboor of yours across the road fucking on the couch and sending to the government, basically its a cheap way to shut up those people who want a Xbox One console without a recording spying camera attached to it, so yeah it is kinda a move of desperation and cheapness.

But the camera in their phone, the camera in their Wii U and the camera they put in all microwavess nowadays is already sending data to the government, how is this any different?

Reactions: p1ngpong

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had been hearing rumblings about this like right after the Xbox One first released, I just did not know when. But this did help in my decision on which next gen console to get. Not fully though, so I just might end up getting all 3 next year when I get some money saved up.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, that's an unfortunate waste of input method.

Not that I cared but there goes the Kinect V2's chances of doing much. Maybe instead we can write off "motion controls" until the tech catches up.
The tech is pretty bloody impressive, we can write off motion controls until some device manages to smuggle them under the whiners' radar and makes them ubiquitous enough to have software developed for them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Motion controls are wonderful if you have the money, the ability to dedicate a space to it or only want it for industrial uses -- a little while back I got a go on one of those resistive 3d sculpting arms, what a toy and if I was properly into my CAD or 3d modelling I would probably have one in preference to something in 3DConnexion's line of devices.
For the latency, reliability, ease of use, cost and precision requirements for real time games it is less great. If someone made gloveless, thimble, frame or light glove finger tracking priced for mere mortals tomorrow you can bet I would make every effort to be first in line, even without software to run on it.

If someone makes motion controls able to replicate the effects of momentum and be useful in games then everything I own and my firstborn goes to them.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For fucks sake people need to get over their Big Brother wants to watch me Fap bullshit.
Because it's just that.
Bullshit. It doesn't record you doing anything and it isn't a pointless addon. My Kinect on my xbox one has a lot of really neat and simplistic little features that make me love it. Having it recognize my face then signing me in, then telling it to turn on something I want to watch, or to stream music from my laptop, or launch a game and get it loaded without having to touch the controller, is fucking cool. Was it worth the Extra Hundred I payed on Day One? As much As I use it yes. Would I have liked a kinectless one? Sure, it would have been cheaper but I probably would have bought a Kinect at some point anyway.

It isn't a spybox, you're a fucking idiot if you think it is and that your phone, laptop, and other shit aren't fucking recording you, then you have the biggest security issues and bias I've ever seen.

And I'll say it again, it isn't an act of desperation. They've already secured 5 million sales in less then the year and a half it took the Wii U to hit that (if we're gonna be taking cheap shots). This is an alternative to those who don't see the value or need for the Kinect. People complained about not wanting it, and they fucking listened. And what does everyone do? Half of them are like "Hell Yes, I'll actually buy one now". The other half are shitting their pants screaming "OH. LOOK HOW DESPERATE DEY IS. NO MO SPYBOX, AND IS STILL SHIT. XBOX SO STUPID, THEYRE NOT GONNA SELL ANYTHING NOW LOOK HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO MAKE SALES AND APPEAL TO THE FANBASE, THIS SUCH BULLSHIT."

Jesus Christ, and the same people are in other threads asking the Wii u to drop the gamepad... Makes my head soon.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For fucks sake people need to get over their Big Brother wants to watch me Fap bullshit.
Because it's just that.
Bullshit. It doesn't record you doing anything and it isn't a pointless addon. My Kinect on my xbox one has a lot of really neat and simplistic little features that make me love it. Having it recognize my face then signing me in, then telling it to turn on something I want to watch, or to stream music from my laptop, or launch a game and get it loaded without having to touch the controller, is fucking cool. Was it worth the Extra Hundred I payed on Day One? As much As I use it yes. Would I have liked a kinectless one? Sure, it would have been cheaper but I probably would have bought a Kinect at some point anyway.

It isn't a spybox, you're a fucking idiot if you think it is and that your phone, laptop, and other shit aren't fucking recording you, then you have the biggest security issues and bias I've ever seen.

And I'll say it again, it isn't an act of desperation. They've already secured 5 million sales in less then the year and a half it took the Wii U to hit that (if we're gonna be taking cheap shots). This is an alternative to those who don't see the value or need for the Kinect. People complained about not wanting it, and they fucking listened. And what does everyone do? Half of them are like "Hell Yes, I'll actually buy one now". The other half are shitting their pants screaming "OH. LOOK HOW DESPERATE DEY IS. NO MO SPYBOX, AND IS STILL SHIT. XBOX SO STUPID, THEYRE NOT GONNA SELL ANYTHING NOW LOOK HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO MAKE SALES AND APPEAL TO THE FANBASE, THIS SUCH BULLSHIT."

Jesus Christ, and the same people are in other threads asking the Wii u to drop the gamepad... Makes my head soon.

Calm-your-tits_o_857534.jpg

You're fanboying too much, despite being or not spying me, you are not certain if it is or not, do you have proof it isn't recording me? Do you have proof its recording me? OH I don't know, I mean Microsoft IS a great company whose operating systems are famous around the world, which is what the Government wants, a popular company with the technology people use nowadays, and to what? Well to spy them probably, I couldn't give two shits about the console recording me or not but there's one thing people like, which is privacy, in the internet, there is no privacy but on the real world, there could be some privacy, also yes the Wii U has got a camera, well you don't carry the Wii U around the house like a fucking idiot now do you? Do you also have the Wii U on your laptop while watching TV or fapping? No you don't, and if you're throwing Xbox One's sales over the Wii U to my face because I'm a Nintendo fan, then go right ahead because I don't care about that either, I buy a system I enjoy playing games in, not a system because it sold more.

Now please shut the fuck up with that fanboyism of yours and refrain from calling other people as morons or fucking idiots if they don't share the same opinion, I like Nintendo yet I don't insult the Spybox and PS4, I don't like them but I don't shit on them as well.

Reactions: Brian117

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're fanboying too much, despite being or not spying me, you are not certain if it is or not, do you have proof it isn't recording me? Do you have proof its recording me? OH I don't know, I mean Microsoft IS a great company whose operating systems are famous around the world, which is what the Government wants, a popular company with the technology people use nowadays, and to what? Well to spy them probably, I couldn't give two shits about the console recording me or not but there's one thing people like, which is privacy, in the internet, there is no privacy but on the real world, there could be some privacy, also yes the Wii U has got a camera, well you don't carry the Wii U around the house like a fucking idiot now do you? Do you also have the Wii U on your laptop while watching TV or fapping? No you don't, and if you're throwing Xbox One's sales over the Wii U to my face because I'm a Nintendo fan, then go right ahead because I don't care about that either, I buy a system I enjoy playing games in, not a system because it sold more.

Now please shut the fuck up with that fanboyism of yours and refrain from calling other people as morons or fucking idiots if they don't share the same opinion, I like Nintendo yet I don't insult the Spybox and PS4, I don't like them but I don't shit on them as well.

Is this a joke? Youre hiding behind the Fanboy argument now? We're using the "Microsoft is popular company, therefore theyre illuminati obviously" as an argument? We're trying to imply that because we dont carry the wii u around the house doesnt mean it still isnt collectiong information from the camera as youre playing? So its ok if it doesnt see your whole body, just your face when youre playing it right? See here's the funny thing here. With the Kinect... you can unplug that. If youre that terrified about the president watching you fap, you can unplug the camera. Can you unplug the wii u front facing camera? can you disable your front facing camera on your phone? can you disable the camera on your laptops built in web cam Oh I didnt think so...
Every argument youre making dosnt have a reasonable basis by any means, its just orwellian fueled bullshit that you havent even thought that much into.

As for my proof, I dont have any. But if we're gonna play hypothetical's, you have to assume the same hypothetical's apply to everything else as well. You say Microsoft would pair up with NSA because theyre popular. And apple isnt? Nintendo Isnt? Sony isnt? Android isnt? No of course, ONLY microsoft would do such a thing. Please, loosen your tinfoil hat, it's making you sound more ridiculous then normal.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is this a joke? Youre hiding behind the Fanboy argument now? We're using the "Microsoft is popular company, therefore theyre illuminati obviously" as an argument? We're trying to imply that because we dont carry the wii u around the house doesnt mean it still isnt collectiong information from the camera as youre playing? So its ok if it doesnt see your whole body, just your face when youre playing it right? See here's the funny thing here. With the Kinect... you can unplug that. If youre that terrified about the president watching you fap, you can unplug the camera. Can you unplug the wii u front facing camera? can you disable your front facing camera on your phone? can you disable the camera on your laptops built in web cam Oh I didnt think so...
Every argument youre making dosnt have a reasonable basis by any means, its just orwellian fueled bullshit that you havent even thought that much into.

As for my proof, I dont have any. But if we're gonna play hypothetical's, you have to assume the same hypothetical's apply to everything else as well. You say Microsoft would pair up with NSA because theyre popular. And apple isnt? Nintendo Isnt? Sony isnt? Android isnt? No of course, ONLY microsoft would do such a thing. Please, loosen your tinfoil hat, it's making you sound more ridiculous then normal.

Microsoft is way more popular than Nintendo and Sony, I'm not saying they are Illuminatti, I'm just saying they are suspected to spying since they are one the most biggest companies in the world, read a little bit heh? And yes you can disable a camera on a laptop, you just didn't figured out how.
Also Android is not a company, Google is, not to mention most people will want to use the voice controller over using the controller right next to them, yeah I forgot the Kinect also has cameras as well as a microphone (sarcasm)

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft is way more popular than Nintendo and Sony, I'm not saying they are Illuminatti, I'm just saying they are suspected to spying since they are one the most biggest companies in the world, read a little bit heh? And yes you can disable a camera on a laptop, you just didn't figured out how.

that didnt address anything I said, and I still addressed everything you shat out. If you had read, I stated that what stops Nintendo and Sony from doing the exact same things (IF THEY WERE EVEN OCCURRING IN THE FUCKIN FIRST PLACE?!) Nintendo and Sony are JUST AS LARGE a company as Microsoft is, that is by no means an excuse at all. And oh, oh my, we can disable the camera on some laptops, my god. So here's another question then, my big brother fearing friends. How do you KNOW you even turned it off? Whats to stop someone from turning it back on from a remote location? That sounds easy enough to me in this made up 1984 universe. Versus, of course, simply unplugging and leaving your kinect in the box if youre so afraid.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
do you have proof it isn't recording me? Do you have proof its recording me?
Is it that hard to run a packet sniffer on your router and figure out how often and how much info the Xbone is sending to its reptillian overlords? has anyone done that and what were their findings?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that didnt address anything I said, and I still addressed everything you shat out. If you had read, I stated that what stops Nintendo and Sony from doing the exact same things (IF THEY WERE EVEN OCCURRING IN THE FUCKIN FIRST PLACE?!) Nintendo and Sony are JUST AS LARGE a company as Microsoft is, that is by no means an excuse at all. And oh, oh my, we can disable the camera on some laptops, my god. So here's another question then, my big brother fearing friends. How do you KNOW you even turned it off? Whats to stop someone from turning it back on from a remote location? That sounds easy enough to me in this made up 1984 universe. Versus, of course, simply unplugging and leaving your kinect in the box if youre so afraid.

Hmm, what if... you unplug the camera? What if... you remove the specific drivers for the camera? What if... you put a tiny bit of electric tape in front of the camera? Hard to believe the Government will knock your door and remove that bit of electrical tape.
If your own computer doesn't have the drivers to control the camera, I don't believe remote locations will as well, also no, Microsoft is indeed larger than Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft's OS is more than half of the computers around the world, what's stopping the Government from exploiting this? Microsoft can be a little bit of a slut as well, I'm not bashing on them but its a possibility, parents might NOT know how to remove the kinect from the Xbox One since most of them only buy the damn console to shut their kids up.

240px-Triforce_Logo.png

Nintendo confirmed Illuminati.
Xbox confirmed for endorsing NSA Fapcam - capturing fapping kinect users on camera 24 hours a day.
:creep:

triforce_of_providence_by_biotwist-d4ob45q.jpg

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, what if... you unplug the camera? What if... you remove the specific drivers for the camera? What if... you put a tiny bit of electric tape in front of the camera? Hard to believe the Government will knock your door and remove that bit of electrical tape.
If your own computer doesn't have the drivers to control the camera, I don't believe remote locations will as well, also no, Microsoft is indeed larger than Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft's OS is more than half of the computers around the world, what's stopping the Government from exploiting this? Microsoft can be a little bit of a slut as well, I'm not bashing on them but its a possibility, parents might NOT know how to remove the kinect from the Xbox One since most of them only buy the damn console to shut their kids up.

How In the Dilly Damn Fuck, is a parent not going to know how to unplug one cord from the console versus deleting drivers or taping something over a camera? Youre barely making this about the kinect anymore and moreso as a conspiracy theory about microsoft in general.
Microsoft can be a little bit of a slut as well, I'm not bashing on them but its a possibility
Jesus Christ why isnt SGS a thing anymore.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
240px-Triforce_Logo.png

Nintendo confirmed Illuminati.
Xbox confirmed for endorsing NSA Fapcam - capturing fapping kinect users on camera 24 hours a day.
:creep:
How In the Dilly Damn Fuck, is a parent not going to know how to unplug one cord from the console versus deleting drivers or taping something over a camera? Youre barely making this about the kinect anymore and moreso as a conspiracy theory about microsoft in general.

Jesus Christ why isnt SGS a thing anymore.

I don't care either way, I just stated a possibility and you're already going Phoenix Wright up my ass.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WE've gone from argument to personal insult and ludicrous argument now. Funny that for someone so terrified of his rights being infringed, you want to silence someones right to free speech :P We've gone full
giphy.gif

360 Folks.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
WE've gone from argument to personal insult and ludicrous argument now. Funny that for someone so terrified of his rights being infringed, you want to silence someones right to free speech :P We've gone full
giphy.gif

360 Folks.

Uhm... what? I respect other people's ridiculous opinions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember mic support for the n64 being janky