Novalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I recently procured a CycloDS Evo along with an 8GB microSDHC with MobileMate Micro Reader. I assume that I'm supposed to insert the 8GB card into the reader and plug that directly into a USB port in order to transfer files. In any case, subsequent to doing so, my computer detects a removable disk but upon clicking it, I simply get the window:

Please insert a disk into drive J.

If I look under the properties of the drive, I can see that the capacity is 0 bytes and upon trying to format the removable disk, it informs me that there is no disk in drive J and prompts to insert a disk, and then try again.

Anyway, I'm a neophyte to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
MobileMate Micro Reader

What the hell is this? Just use the reader that came with your Cyclo. Or even better, if your computer has a built-in multimedia reader with SD card support, use that instead (put the MicroSD in the SD adapter that came with it).

Also, are you using XP or Vista?

Novalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reader came with the 8GB card, natch; it's from Sandisk, BTW.

So, I just tried plugging in the included Cyclo reader into a port but my computer could not seem to detect it. Also, what's the integrated multimedia reader? I'm using XP.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anywhere on your computer that you can stick in an SD card? Usually this is like a 5 in 1 reader, that supports SD, MS, MMC, etc.
Ah well, if you can't find it then your computer probably doesn't have it but it makes no difference.

You have XP, that means you need a hotfix for your computer to be compatible with SDHC.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

Novalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, I'm thankful since I don't think I have a reader. Anyway, I just tried the patch you provided and restarted; while the removable disk icon actually appears in My Computer now, I still can't access it as it gives me the same disk insertion message.

If I try to format the disk in the menu, nothing happens. I noticed that the file system is RAW; I'm not sure but I suspect that it's different than before now.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
A.update ur usb port drivers, it should work.

B. try plug-in to another usb port.

C. go to the device manager and click on the usb port that ur using and disable it then restart the pc and after that enable it again and plug the reader that came with cyclods.

D.do u have any phone or cameras or anything that has sdhc microsd support so u can put in to it and try to format it from there and then plug-in to the pc.

E.go to a intenet cafe(the place where u pay somemoney to use a computer) and try plug-in the reader, if it does work format the microsd and plug-in ur home pc

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
whilst everyone postin when i plug in my sdhc card the reader fine but when i try and access the drive it says theres a device I/O error
works fine with 2 gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm