MicroSD problem, can anyone help?

DarkJDL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, I wanna point out that I'm not where any good in hardwares.

months ago; I bought a Kingston 2GB MicroSD along with a DSTT (I had a USB Adaptor for the MicroSD that came along)
So far so good; I been using the USB Adaptor in order to play my pirated games and all
but 4 days ago, I somehow lost everything; seeing on my DS Screen a "Menu?" with a >_> looking character;
Then I checked on my MicroSD "pook" nothing anymore 0 Bytes free/total/used
So I was like, no big deal; I bought a new MicroSD, 4 GB this time, It was working fine until yesterday then "pook" lost everything again
Both time I lost everything was when I was backuping my saves and changing my games. I realised that my USB Adaptor was terribly hot, so I've unplugged it.
after it cooled down; I tried to format my 4GB which had the same exact problem as the 2GB, and it worked this time. so I've let the USB adaptor cool down again and tried with the 2GB as well, both worked, but not perfectly fine. I takes a very long time to read/write files to the MicroSDs and whenever I play on my DS, I get slowdowns in games I did not have any slowdowns before.

so my question is: Is there anyone who knows if it can be fixed totally?

note: everytime I unplug stuff from my computer, I hit "Safely Remove Hardware". and everything always worked fine up until 4 days ago and yesterday.

edit: Thanks anyone who helps

meanwhile, I'll try formatting in NTFS instead of Fat32

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
i've heard the usb adaptors can be quite spotty... and I've had some that worked and somethat didn't and some that worked part time lol... if possible get a new adapter or even a card reader ( thats what i have now and i love it) good luck and let us know how it goes..... also if you are reformatting there is an awesome app that is made specifically for these cards i believe... now if i can only remember what it is... try a search for it
aha! panasonic sd formatter located here:
panasonic sd formatter

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gobnoblin said:
i've heard the usb adaptors can be quite spotty... and I've had some that worked and somethat didn't and some that worked part time lol... if possible get a new adapter or even a card reader ( thats what i have now and i love it) good luck and let us know how it goes..... also if you are reformatting there is an awesome app that is made specifically for these cards i believe... now if i can only remember what it is... try a search for it
Panasonic SD Formatter.

DarkJDL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna try Panasonic SD Formatter right now.

and yes I've quit using the USB Adaptor and I've downloaded my integrated card reader's driver in order to try that instead, so far I got no result
but I'll try the program you guys told me, Thanks for the help. I'll reply once I tried it

---edit---

It seems that I've gotta go somewhere, it's at 29% right now I'll try it when I come back

DarkJDL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for double post

OMFG YOU GUYS OWN!!! IT"S FIXED!!! IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! =D
actually, it feels even FASTER than before now
=D I might be wrong through. I been having slow downs for some times so maybe I forgot the real speed out of despair XD lol
anyways, Thanks a lot. sincerly

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
glad it worked out for you ... I had to use the formatter before too and now i use it for all my cards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc