Hardware Micro SD reader fragile with frequent insert/remove?

Nicolai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi guys. I heard rumors that the micro SD reader on the switch is fragile and can break if you insert/remove a micro SD card often/frequently.

Is that true?

And what exactly happens if it is true? Is it the mechanic of the physical card reader itself that stops working, like it wont hold in the card, or will it just not read the micro SD cards anymore?

Best regards, Nicolai

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned above, the tape trick can work.

You can also replace it as it's also one of the cheaper and easiest repairs on a switch as well. The SD card reader is a separate board that's plug and play and costs less than $10 (usd).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

velgis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is notorious for their SD springs. Just cut a small strip of tape and stick it along the back of the mSD above the pins. Click it in for good, and only when the power is off or while using hekate, gently slide the card out by the tape.
Could I ask for a picture of this? I'm having trouble visualizing it for some reason. Wouldn't sliding the card out by the tape be forcing it out?

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20200816_053618.jpg
Just a bit of trimmed scotch tape on the back folded over onto itself to make an extension. No longer need to push in to release it, and no force required

Reactions: velgis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM