OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am using a 4gb microsd card for my dstt,But I was wondering if I can use a 6gb or 8gb?
I want to know?I heard it does but I want to make sure.......

By the Way,the new castlevania works great on the dstt!!!

works great !!!! And its the U.S one 2!!
rolleyes.gif

duksandfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
8Gb will work, but I reccomend staying with your 4Gb card, as it is the largest size you can format to FAT16 (FAT) rather than FAT32, meaning that things load much more quickly, and the menu doesnt lag AT ALL.

To format to FAT16, enter
CODEFormat H: /FS:FAT
And replace the "H" with whatever letter your card comes up as.
Then in command prompt, just press y and enter a few times and enter the volume label when prompted.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
duksandfish said:
8Gb will work, but I reccomend staying with your 4Gb card, as it is the largest size you can format to FAT16 (FAT) rather than FAT32, meaning that things load much more quickly, and the menu doesnt lag AT ALL.

To format to FAT16, enter
CODEFormat H: /FS:FAT
And replace the "H" with whatever letter your card comes up as.
Then in command prompt, just press y and enter a few times and enter the volume label when prompted.

4GB microSD, and it lags the menu =="

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? And if you format at FAT16 what does that have to do with loading faster or slower?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He's right, FAT16 is faster than FAT32 which can affect both the speed of loading the menu and ROMs as well as lagging when scrolling the menu. Additionally, the more items you have in the menu the worse it lags when scrolling, and since the DSTT doesn't support folders you're going to get more lagging with a larger card. Also, a microSD uses a bit less battery than a microSDHC. If you get a microSDHC that is over 4GB, I would highly recommend getting a class 6.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...