Hardware Micro SD Card Reader connector missing a pin

ethangraham456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally broke the connector for the SD card Reader while recalibrating the battery and idk what route I should take to fix it. Horizon OS detects it, but games like Rocket League are having trouble going online (error 42). RCM stuff like Hekate and SX OS flat out doesn’t detect the SD card at all. I’ve tried finding a desoldered one online to solder onto mine to no avail. The reader itself is fine.

Attachments

• E1DF2F0E-891F-4E47-BD5D-10EF0CC9EED6.jpeg
    E1DF2F0E-891F-4E47-BD5D-10EF0CC9EED6.jpeg
    844.8 KB · Views: 408
Last edited by ethangraham456,

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally broke the connector for the SD card Reader while recalibrating the battery and idk what route I should take to fix it. Horizon OS detects it, but games like Rocket League are having trouble going online (error 42). RCM stuff like Hekate and SX OS flat out doesn’t detect the SD card at all. I’ve tried finding a desoldered one online to solder onto mine to no avail. The reader itself is fine.
It would take a good deal of soldering, but it looks like those pads on the right side are large enough to remove the connector (probably remove it on the reader as well to make room for the wires) and wire up the SD reader directly to the main board. Pretty major surgery, but I'd imagine it would work.

Reactions: ethangraham456

ethangraham456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would take a good deal of soldering, but it looks like those pads on the right side are large enough to remove the connector (probably remove it on the reader as well to make room for the wires) and wire up the SD reader directly to the main board. Pretty major surgery, but I'd imagine it would work.
Hmmm that might actually work. I just need to buy or find a bunch of wires haha. Or what I could do is solder one wire from the broken pin to the corresponding pin on the reader.

Last edited by ethangraham456,

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm that might actually work. I just need to buy or find a bunch of wires haha. Or what I could do is solder one wire from the broken pin to the corresponding pin on the reader.
I would buy proper wire for a fix like that, anything you scrounge up would probably be to large and make sure it's insulated.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can also try creating a kinda soldering pad that acts as a pin... I have done in a phone with a very similar super small connector, its not easy to do and its better to use a fan for fast drying and touch for a very small amount of time or the plastic melts fast too.

ethangraham456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can also try creating a kinda soldering pad that acts as a pin... I have done in a phone with a very similar super small connector, its not easy to do and its better to use a fan for fast drying and touch for a very small amount of time or the plastic melts fast too.
Nice suggestion!
Do you have micro electronics soldering tools? Or can you get access to one?
Yep, I can get some if I can’t do it without them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol