ROM Hack RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated Dawnshifter's MHXX save editor code to load MHGU save files. All I did was update filesize to match MHGU size instead of MHXX. Tested some item box save edits and it worked fine. Use at your own risk and backup saves!

If you don't want my exe you can compile Dawnshifter's code with my forked filesize edit below

changed code is-
MHXXSwitchSaveEditor/MHXXSaveEditor/Forms/MainForm.cs
Line 32; readonly int SWITCH_SAVE_SIZE = 4726152 + 432948;

https://github.com/Dawnshifter/MHXXSwitchSaveEditor

Update since everyone is asking
At this time you can convert your MHG and MHX saves:
1. MHG -> MHX (via 3ds .cia MHX Data Manager, I suggest moving to Character Slot 1)
Get cia or homebrew .3dsx file here
Yes, you need a hacked/homebrewed 3ds.

2. Import MHX save to MHXX on 3ds via game
You need MHXX (game or cia) on your 3ds. Open the game and import your MHX save.

3. Export MHXX 3ds save file using JKSM or other save data tool.
JKSM found here
Choose to export ExtData for MHXX

4. Open the MHGU Save Editor I posted here, and convert the "system" file you just exported to Switch (click okay for errors or re-open exe if it wont load save)
Load your 3ds MHXX save file, select convert at the top then To Switch.

5. Import the new "system" file to your Switch using Checkpoint or other save data tool.
Checkpoint .nro file can be found here
Yes, you need to have homebrew running on your Switch

Attached my MHG converted save, it lets you import as new save (edit name, etc.)

MHXX/MHX saves may have extra data and cannot be imported as-is (try deleting special items if you can)

For help with Talisman editing (game and app blocks fakes)

my post in this thread

Attachments

• MHGUSaveEditor.rar
    208.7 KB · Views: 8,936
  • entoptic MHG.rar
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,326
Last edited by Entoptical,

wintermute808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. In theory, this could be used to make a an identical copy of a 3ds save from MH Gen. Could be very handy in the absence of a save converter. Great stuff.

johnny1233465487

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make an .itemXX with every single item please or does somebody have one already? Alternatively, are we able to add "Unlock all craftable armorer" in the editor?

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to convert my MHG save to MHGU. I hope this gets updated to support 3ds save. I also tried converting my save from MHG - MHX then MHX- MHXX (3ds).
I tried dawn's converter to move the MHXX (3ds) to switch ver (MHGU) but no success.

I tried using this but got an error on loading by backup save MHG (3ds). It said my save is invalid. I also tried using MHX and MHXX (3ds) save on this but got an error. Please enable 3ds support. Thank you for putting effort in updating the program.

Note: My Switch is banned so I cannot do the normal transfer of save

Last edited by GnK23,

wintermute808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to convert my MHG save to MHGU. I hope this gets updated to support 3ds save. I also tried converting my save from MHG - MHX then MHX- MHXX (3ds).
I tried dawn's converter to move the MHXX (3ds) to switch ver (MHGU) but no success.

I tried using this but got an error on loading by backup save MHG (3ds). It said my save is invalid. I also tried using MHX and MHXX (3ds) save on this but got an error. Please enable 3ds support. Thank you for putting effort in updating the program.

I ran into the same issue. I believe 3ds saves of MHG are a different file size than this can import.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The line

if (saveFileRaw.Length == 4726152)
{
MessageBox.Show($"Detected a 3DS save", "3DS");
toSwitchToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = true;
switchMode = false;

would need to be changed to

if (saveFileRaw.Length == 4000815)
{
switchMode = false;

in order for the tool to read a 3ds save from MH gen and count it as legit. Unless I am mistaken. I don't have a compiler and I haven't coded in ages so I could be super wrong.

Last edited by wintermute808,

wintermute808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my idea worked, sort of. I was able to get the file to compile and accept my 3ds MHGen save file using the edit I suggested, but it throws an out of range exception and breaks.

Reactions: yohuchiha

Raymondtankw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I updated Dawnshifter's MHXX save editor code to load MHGU save files. All I did was update filesize to match MHGU size instead of MHXX. Tested some item box save edits and it worked fine. Use at your own risk and backup saves!

If you don't want my exe you can compile Dawnshifter's code with my forked filesize edit below

changed code is-
MHXXSwitchSaveEditor/MHXXSaveEditor/Forms/MainForm.cs
Line 32; readonly int SWITCH_SAVE_SIZE = 4726152 + 432948;

https://github.com/Dawnshifter/MHXXSwitchSaveEditor

Sorry if I am slow, but does this mean I can convert the Switch MHXX saved file to Switch MHGenU saved file and retain all my progress from many hours of playing MHXX on switch?
I dont have a 3ds.
Kindly advice.

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can you post your MHG save?

Sorry if I am slow, but does this mean I can convert the Switch MHXX saved file to Switch MHGenU saved file and retain all my progress from many hours of playing MHXX on switch?
I dont have a 3ds.
Kindly advice.
i tried MHXX and got some errors, MHG and MHX without special items works

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into the same issue. I believe 3ds saves of MHG are a different file size than this can import.

The line

if (saveFileRaw.Length == 4726152)
{
switchMode = false;

would need to be changed to

if (saveFileRaw.Length == 4000815)
{
switchMode = false;

in order for the tool to read a 3ds save from MH gen and count it as legit. Unless I am mistaken. I don't have a compiler and I haven't coded in ages so I could be super wrong.
you can convert it using the steps in the original post now if you have a 3ds

How can I transfer my MHXX save (3DS) to MHGU? Do I have to convert saves?
yeah you can try with the app, it only worked for one of my MHXX saves though

yohuchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vinnycl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
How can I transfer my MHXX save (3DS) to MHGU? Do I have to convert saves?
And it's easier to convert your 3DS (XX) to Switch XX and then see some way to convert the XX to GU (Switch)
File size is different, so conversion should be different. (probably would facilitate)

Coming back into my 3DS I started on MHX and then converted to the GEN.
And from GEN I went back to X and upgraded to XX. (I remember a tool that did this)

I believe I made myself understood. (I hope so)

doomtrigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me figure out what is causing my game to freeze. When i view my equipment box it the game will freeze.

Attachments

• EQUIPMENT.rar
    288 bytes · Views: 539

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I convert my MHXXS save too? or do I have to go MHXXS -> MHXX -> MHGU?
yeah its worth a try. use the original editor tool to convert to 3ds, then mine to convert to mhgu.

i think until someone figures out how to remove Japanese MHXX event items and quests there may be some errors though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: