ROM Hack Question MHGU Save Editing

Shabadoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, total noob when it comes to console hacking here, or hacking anything really, and I just had a few questions regarding the nature of homebrew, save backups, and Switches getting banned. All particularly in regards to Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I've sunk about 1200 hours into the game and I'm tired of waiting for a decent charm to come to me. I'll spare you guys a diatribe about Charm RNG, but basically I want to install Homebrew, extract my save, edit in a Tenderizer +5 ooo charm, re-up that save, uninstall homebrew and anything having to do with it, and continue about my normal gameplay.

I've done a fair bit of research on the topic of switch bans due to hacking, the precautions to take to mitigate the chances of Nintendo finding out about what you're doing with the console you paid money for and now own, and banning it. Really I'm just wondering: what are the odds of me getting banned if I just extract the save and reupload it with a minor edit, then get rid of homebrew?

Sorry for the noob questions and thank you.

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
AFAIK, there isn't any editor. Only ram cheats. And no, it's not like 3ds. you can NOT just remove cfw and go online, it needs to restore a clean nand backup or do some tinkering on the sysnand

Shabadoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I understand what you're saying (I probably don't) I can't just re-up the new edited save and continue, because the Saves nand/sysnand won't match what the Switch is familiar with from the unedited save?

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, if I understand what you're saying (I probably don't) I can't just re-up the new edited save and continue, because the Saves nand/sysnand won't match what the Switch is familiar with from the unedited save?
No, I said, in games that are unpopular, there are no tools to edit it. And that if you remove your cfw without restoring a clean nand you will get banned.

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to transfer my mod save of MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION of 3DS (hacked) to my MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION ULTIMATE of LEGAL NINTENDO SWITCH, it posible without risk of ban?

the save dont has anything stupid or imposible items & stats, only armors, weapons, money, resourses and all lists unlocked.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ