OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

Really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I own three 3DS XLs:

1. Gateway 3DS US region v4.2 SYSNAND w/ 9.xx newest firmware on GW v2.4b /w capture card
2. US region 9.xx fully updated
3. JPN region 9.xx fully updated

I own a MH4 retail cart that I have been playing on both my JPN 3DS and my US gateway 3DS. I just received my my MH4G cart yesterday and I started playing it on my JPN 3ds, imported MH4 save from retail cart, downloaded patch v1.1, installed DLC. After about an hour of gameplay , I decide that I wanted to stream. Launched classic mode, launched MH4G retail cart, game prompts save data is corrupted, and wipes all save data. This also occurs if I start the process over with my Gateway 3DS. Once the save data is created on one console, when used on another, data is recognized as being corrupted. I only have experience with classic mode with these two retail carts, and from other posts, it seems that there is a new save data encryption on games after 6.0. MH4 required firmware 5.1. My question is does this happen with other new games like Smash? I read about the new mt-card feature of creating .ZAV files, does anyone here have a mt-card? Do these save file types work with gateway? Would this help me? Or if anyone has other info that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very brief answer - yes this is a known problem that you can't share saves between a legit updated console and an updated gateway emunand for certain newer games, because of the way gateway bodged the encryption. They're planning to release an update to fix it, they haven't yet. You could see if someone with an mt-card could convert the save for you, if you need to go one way, but I doubt it'd be convenient to keep going back and forth.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i dont think MT can convert the save, they can only convert from .3ds save (played using classic mode) and .3dz save (still only usable with gateway save encryption)

or they can convert from 128kb retail cart saves to 512kb .3dz compatible gateway save encryption

still no fix for retail 6.x encrypted saves -> gateway 6.x encryption

MaximusX800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response gamequest1! This has cleared up my confusion. Hopefully Gateway will come up with something eventually.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll ask in this thread: it seems like MH4G has been released for the chinese region already. Does anyone know if it contains english text? I'm guessing not, but just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-