Homebrew mGBA Stuck On Red Screen

Elexon6273

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to play some of my GBA ROMs on mGBA but whenever I launch it, it gets stuck on a red screen. I have looked into the 3dshax subreddit but the information given wasn't helpful. I need help figuring this out.

I am aware that I can use the Virtual Console but I'd rather use this Homebrew Launcher GBA emulator.

P.S. - I have Luma CFW 7 and a9lh & am running on 11.4

Last edited by Elexon6273,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play some of my GBA ROMs on mGBA but whenever I launch it, it gets stuck on a red screen. I have looked into the 3dshax subreddit but the information given wasn't helpful. I need help figuring this out.

I am aware that I can use the Virtual Console but I'd rather use this Homebrew Launcher GBA emulator.

i believe its a payload issue, if you have an N3DS redownload the otherapp.bin, Smea Fixed 11.4 Payloads the otherday (N3DS only. he's stated a new exploit hasto be used fix O3DS)

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Red means you're missing boot.3dsx. Get the starter pack again and put in on the root. You should copy boot.3dsx and 3ds folder inside the starter folder onto the root of the SD card.

If you have cfw, .cía version works without issues, no need for using hbl version x)
What he said. Just install mGBA and use that. You get better results from using CIA vs HBL.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can actually patch vc to do things it can't normally. You can patch the rooms to go into sleep mode after a certain button combo, and you can use a patch to brighten the picture and remove ghosting.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I do wonder though, what's the problem with using VC?

GBA VC isn't emulated like other vc is which means no save state support. Not to mention homebrew emulators often have support for things like running at faster than normal speed that vc doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)