mGBA lag

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Virdoo, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

recently i wanted to play pokemon leaf green over mGBA emulator on homebrew launcher but emulator is horrible laggy and game is unplayable. Is it possible somehow to fix that lag?

Also I have tried to install leaf green as a .cia package but no one of downloaded games didn't work. I guess i'm doing something wrong.

2. sniper_x002

sniper_x002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Try gpsp, it runs faster for me. Also, are you using O3DS or N3DS. You're better off with injections if you're using O3DS

3. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I'm on old 3ds, how do i inject gba games?

4. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    You could always check That Iso site for a Leafgreen CIA, then installing it with your favourite CIA manager.
    (unless you don't have CFW; in that case, you'll never get GBA games at perfect FPS on o3DS...)

Last edited by Hoppy, Apr 21, 2016
  5. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I did that, but games didn't work. I got error like ''something is corrupted please hold power button to shut down console''.

6. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    Which CFW are you using? If you're using AuReiNand, you only have to install the game to SysNAND as well as EmuNAND. If you're using something else, you have to install a patched AGB_FIRM, as well as installing the game to SysNAND.

7. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    That is because you did not instal the patched agb_firma you can find a prepatched con con that ISO site

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Can that agb_firma brick my device or something similar?

9. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Also someone can recommend me some emulator which is the easiest and safest to install.

10. Segtendo

Segtendo #TeamMarie

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    Illinois
    GPSP is my GBA emulator of choice.

11. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Isnt GPSP for psp console?

12. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/

No.

Download the latest release of retroarch (cia versions, should be 12mb). You can install mGBA or GPSP, OR both... both is always better than one. You'll need a GBA bios.

*EDIT* Won't do ya much good considering you have an O3DS though. Regardless retroarch has a few other options available (like gambatte) that runs perfectly fine on O3DS.
    You can read up on more info here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/

Last edited by Vanth88, Apr 21, 2016
  13. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    It can be used on 3DS too, but I don't think it runs well on o3DS. Again, what CFW are you running?

14. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I have rxtools and 10.7 firmware on emunand, how do i install bios? And can that harm my device?

15. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    You have to find the GBA_BIOS on Google, as we aren't allowed to link it here...It won't harm your device at all.
    Once you do find it, extract it and place it in SD:/retroarch/cores/system folder.

16. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    So, I just need to download them and extract them to that location which you gave me? What after it? I should install cia and game will work?

17. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    Oh, no, that's only if you wanted to use gpSP. Since you're on RxTools, all you need to do is find the Old 3DS Patched AGB_Firm from That Iso site. You install it to the NAND on both SysNAND and EmuNAND via switching to NAND mode in FBI by pressing L, then selecting the AGB_FIRM and installing it. Afterwards, to get any GBA game to work, you just need to install them once to SysNAND, and once to EmuNAND.
    I think that covers everything...forgive me, as I'm very dumb and tend to not read everything all at once.

18. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Process seems too complicated for some simple GBA games... I don't think it's worth of a try.

19. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    gpsp runs just fine for pokemon games. My emerald runs practically full speed on gpsp. much better than the 30fps I get from mgba.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

honestly with a pokemon game gpsp will run it quite well. Just install the retroarch gpsp cia to emunand and u should be fine

20. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I have installed gpsp as a cia over fbi, now i'm getting some error code. I guess i should download now gba bios and put them in directory on sd card, right?