Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

reinaldox_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question. i have to rename the main.dol and the others dols? and i have coverfloader 1.2a, where i have to put the alt dols?

thanks
unsure.gif

reinaldox_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB LOADER GX:

1-Rip the game to the External HD.
2-Select the game, but instead of playing the game select settings.
3-Select game load, select Alternate DOL until DOL from disc is displayed
4-Under Alternate DOL it should say DOL from disc and there should be 4 options:

rs5fe_p - The main menu. You are required to play this first to create a save file.
rs5mp1_p - Metroid Prime 1
re5mp2_p - Metroid Prime 2
rs5mp3_p - Metroid Prime 3

Select which DOL you want to play.

SIDE NOTE:
Cios rev14 does not play Dual layered games...it also cannot rip them to usb properly and you will end up with a dud, if you are having burn issues make sure you don't have this cios!

If you are burning to a dvd+r DL use this as the layer break (same as ssbb) 2084960

i dont understand :/, i dont have dvd dl xDD

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While this method seems to work fine for NTSC users, it seem PAL users have been hit and miss. Does anyone know what settings are needed to get at least MP1 and MP2 working through USB, at the moment I am just getting a black screen.

Edit: Looks like I figured it out. I need to use "force NTSC" instead of "patch game" like I normally use. All working fine now

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to start the game in normal difficulty? Any of the 3 MPs you choose via dol start in Veteran difficulty. Even if you load through the menu and choose Normal difficulty (at which point it resets), loading via dol will still get you Veteran difficulty.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
TeenTin said:
D34DL1N3R said:
I wish people would stop asking how to get MP3 to work using GX. I ALREADY posted the 100% working solution!

Also, those using Gamma r7 need to install cIOS 13b & use Gammas alt.dol feature. cIOS 14 breaks DVD9 support!!! Sheesh people.

Does cIOS rev9 support DVD9 ?
Yes it runs DVD9s no problem. I am on rev 9 and ran SSBB on a back up dual layer disc no problem. I am running MPT via the GX loader however. Strangely I was able to play the game via loading the alt dol from my sd card (extracted via wiiscrubber 1.4) without even creating a save game to start with.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
I hope someone can fix this down the road cause it seems like a lot of work. Also where can I find these dol files?

Alot of work to turn on "alt. dol" in your USB loader settings for the game? Come on now..

Kazooie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I downgrade to ciso rev 10 and MP3 loaded but after playing it for a bit it got buggy and had video problems...so it looks like the issue is rev 14 or it could be what people have been saying that the ISO was not copyed right. But since it loaded I thinking the ciso. It might run better on rev 13 but I don't know. I was using GX r715. At this point I'll wait till it get fixed, both MP1 and 2 are working and I still have MP3 by it self. So it not a deal breaker. Also I still have MP1 and 2 for for the cube so I'm set.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zektor said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
I hope someone can fix this down the road cause it seems like a lot of work. Also where can I find these dol files?

Alot of work to turn on "alt. dol" in your USB loader settings for the game? Come on now..

Yeah ok but where can i get the dol files, torrent site?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
zektor said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

Oh good god. How many times must it be explained.....you do NOT need any dol files. The loader pulls them from inside of the iso (aka: "disc") on the hard drive. I recommend Configurable USB Loader for the task.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
reinaldox_ said:
USB LOADER GX:

4-Under Alternate DOL it should say DOL from disc and there should be 4 options:

rs5fe_p - The main menu. You are required to play this first to create a save file.

SIDE NOTE:
Cios rev14 does not play Dual layered games...it also cannot rip them to usb properly and you will end up with a dud, if you are having burn issues make sure you don't have this cios!

If you are burning to a dvd+r DL use this as the layer break (same as ssbb) 2084960

I did all this, however I get a message that says insert the metroid disc so please explain how to fix that using your exact settings.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azadar said:
reinaldox_ said:
USB LOADER GX:

SIDE NOTE:

I did all this, however I get a message that says insert the metroid disc so please explain how to fix that using your exact settings.

Put in ANY disc. I stuck a movie DVD in to get past it.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Anyone got the MP2 multiplayer thing to work, or it will be only for the DVD loader...??
huh.gif

same question here, tried all the dols through configurable usb and selecting it from the main menu, couldn't get it to load.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zektor said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
zektor said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

Oh good god. How many times must it be explained.....you do NOT need any dol files. The loader pulls them from inside of the iso (aka: "disc") on the hard drive. I recommend Configurable USB Loader for the task.

Ok now I feel stupid, also whats this im hearing bout rev14 and dual layer?

MikeE21286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigNastyCurve said:
galneon said:
My GX Loader (rev715) also freezes when I try to select the alt dol, but after reading that games launched from alternate dols force 480i, it isn't even worth bothering. Does anyone know why this is? Hopefully future loaders will force 480p when launching from an alternate dol...

Is that just GX that forces 480i or all of them? ugh.

i had this happen on CFG also.....480i off of USB loader but 480p when I loaded it (MP1/MP2) off of a disc

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
Ok now I feel stupid, also whats this im hearing bout rev14 and dual layer?

Ehh, don't beat yourself up over it. We've all been there at one time or another
smile.gif

Simply put, if you want to run DL games like this or SSBB without issues, downgrade your cIOS. I went back to rev13a (don't use 13b) myself. You can also just install and use Hermes cIOS222/223 if you wanted for the DL games if you do not want to downgrade.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, no. The issue with cios rev14 is that it can't rip DL games and very, very large single player games properly. Running these games is just fine using rev 14.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigNastyCurve said:
Eh, no. The issue with cios rev14 is that it can't rip DL games and very, very large single player games properly. Running these games is just fine using rev 14.

Eh, no to you. rev14 breaks the ripping and reading of DL games, has been discussed many times, and even has been discussed earlier in this very thread. Read before commenting please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto