Metroid Prime 4 is in development!

screen_shot_2017_06_13_at_9.10.51_am_1024.1497370265.png.jpg

Metroid Prime 4 is now in development. Dreams really do come true.

No other info is currently known.

The new game will mark the first entry in the Prime series in a decade, as the original trilogy concluded with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on the original Wii in 2007. The Prime subseries debuted on the GameCube in 2002, and was especially notable for successfully translating the iconic, moody exploration of the original Metroid games into a three-dimensional, first-person experience.

Last edited by chavosaur,

Dekky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew there was a reason I bought a Switch, I have been waiting for another Metroid Prime since I finished the 3rd installment almost a decade ago. Now I think I am going to fire up the old Wii and play through some Prime trilogy.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, another 2.5D Metroid game just got announced on the Treehouse.
Yeah, 10 minutes after I made that comment :lol: I guess the wait was not that long!
But... Mercury Steam? That really worries me. Those guys already ruined Castlevania.
Maybe it's just me and my skepticism, but judging from what I've saw... the animations looks stiff, and the graphics are generic and flat. It feels just like Mirror of Fate all over again. :unsure:
I hope it turns better than that.

Reactions: weatMod

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 10 minutes after I made that comment :lol: I guess the wait was not that long!
But... Mercury Steam? That really worries me. Those guys already ruined Castlevania.
Maybe it's just me and my skepticism, but judging from what I've saw... the animations looks stiff, and the graphics are generic and flat. It feels just like Mirror of Fate all over again. :unsure:
I saw that a lot of people loved Mirror of Fate, never played Castlevania tho

D

Deleted User

Seems like Nintendo announced this game early so that the fans will finally shut up and stop complaining.

D

Deleted User

I wish someone else is doing it than Retro Studios.

My wished were right:

http://www.dualshockers.com/metroid-prime-4-retro-studios-not-involved/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-12-metroid-prime-4-in-development-for-nintendo-switch
https://www.destructoid.com/retro-studios-is-not-behind-metroid-prime-4-442606.phtml

Even though I don't own (or plan to get) Switch, I still hope Metroid Prime 4 turns out good.

I just wish Retro Studios makes something new. Not necessarily new IP, but work with some series they have not worked on before.

Hurtz007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid prime 4... *High pitched squeal*... Must get it!!! Also want the original trilogy for switch too! And hunters of course!... On top of that Metroid Samus Returns... I want it all and I want it now!!!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

My best guess is that there are no plans for a new F-ZERO and you'll have to settle with Fast Racing Neo. Or given that this is just speculation I could be completely wrong.
FAST Racing NEO is alright but meh, a bit too overrated for an indie game now.

Redout is the real deal.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it's not just you the game looks like mirror of fate with a metroid skin on it, the second i saw it i thought it looked exactly like mirror of fate
before it was announced it was developed by mercury steam, it just looks like a cookie cutter cutout of mirror of fate only worse
uggggh why do they do the keep on contracting good franchises to these complete monkeys

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: PolloDiablo

Z80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This just made my day, think about how was in the graphics / immersion department Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, to think about Prime 4 on switch makes me wonder all sort of crazy stuff.
Bad side, is not going to be done by retro.

To the 2D Metroid wishers Prime saga is a wonderful saga and I cannot think of a better conversion of Metroid 2D to FPA genre, in the 2D... I think AM2R is the best thing out there these days and I dont think Nintendo will be doing another 2DMetroid again, I would love that samus returns had 2D hiDef pixelart but... well we cant ask for everything to be perfect.

About the Mercury Steam guys, the 1st lords of shadow wasnt bad, and thats all, but Im spaniard as they are, knowing our people habits, they recycled code from Mirror of Fate for sure, I didnt like too how Samus looked travelling through corridors she seemed very poor animated and light in the physics way, It made me remember like a cheap unity fan game sometimes while watching the stream, and I also didnt like the Zeta Metroid(i dont recall 100% but i think that was a Zeta ) design too skinny and long tailed, I cannot see very much of a metroid in its design. Dunno what is your opinion but Fusion Omega and AM2R Omega and Zeta looked pretty badass to me.

And lastly, as a big fan of Metroid, the cover just needs some re-design, it feels like 5 min work on gimp, I like that samus appears in the classic position but she just doesnt blend with the background it seemes like she is pasted onto the background with some glow at her borders and then the title with awful font.

Ill buy it anyway, is a metroid game after all. :D

Last edited by Z80,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

This just made my day, think about how was in the graphics / immersion department Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, to think about Prime 4 on switch makes me wonder all sort of crazy stuff.
Bad side, is not going to be done by retro.

To the 2D Metroid wishers Prime saga is a wonderful saga and I cannot think of a better conversion of Metroid 2D to FPA genre, in the 2D... I think AM2R is the best thing out there these days and I dont think Nintendo will be doing another 2DMetroid again, I would love that samus returns had 2D hiDef pixelart but... well we cant ask for everything to be perfect.

About the Mercury Steam guys, the 1st lords of shadow wasnt bad, and thats all, but Im spaniard as they are, knowing our people habits, they recycled code from Mirror of Fate for sure, I didnt like too how Samus looked travelling through corridors she seemed very poor animated and light in the physics way, It made me remember like a cheap unity fan game sometimes while watching the stream, and I also didnt like the Zeta Metroid(i dont recall 100% but i think that was a Zeta ) design too skinny and long tailed, I cannot see very much of a metroid in its design. Dunno what is your opinion but Fusion Omega and AM2R Omega and Zeta looked pretty badass to me.

And lastly, as a big fan of Metroid, the cover just needs some re-design, it feels like 5 min work on gimp, I like that samus appears in the classic position but she just doesnt blend with the background it seemes like she is pasted onto the background with some glow at her borders and then the title with awful font.

Ill buy it anyway, is a metroid game after all. :D
The Joy-Cons will definitely make incredible use as a 1st person shooter. Wiimote + Nunchuk were pretty decent but wired and with AA batteries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1