Metal Slug 2 slowdown

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by invaderyoyo, Jul 9, 2017.

1. invaderyoyo
    OP

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    So I just bought Metal Slug 2 off of the eshop and the slowdown is pretty bad. Didn't bother to do any research before buying it since it didn't even cross my mind that this would be an issue.

When there are more than a couple of enemies or projectiles on the screen it just buckles under the load I guess. Idk if the original was like this since I only have Metal Slug X on PSX and Anthology on PSP. Metal Slug 2 runs perfectly on PSP so I know it can be done on Switch.

This is just a heads up. I'll update this post if it gets fixed. Pretty disappointing.

Last edited by invaderyoyo, Jul 9, 2017
    Glyptofane likes this.
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    this is how the original game plays, that is the way the game was coded, yeah metal slyg 2 was badly coded on neo geo.

they are just porting the game not remaking the entire source code so even on a hyper gaming pc the game will be like that.

3. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    It's probably a bad port of the game or emulator on the system. Do they offer refund on eshop? I hope that game gets updated for better performance.

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its not a bad port ... just watch the videos of metal slug running on actual neo geo its exactly like that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

people even maded moded roms to reduce slowdown and obviosuly some emus have hacked codes to run the game without the slowdowns

obviously they didnt moded the roms or added hacks to their neo geo emulator on the switch, but they delivered you the original game like it was on neo geo, they have no obligations to mod roms or make hacks to their emulator.

5. dashkiller

dashkiller Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Swaziland
    I like the slowdown, takes me back :gun:

6. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    The same happen in any Mega Man Collection because it does the same on the real hardware it was release for in the first place.

Pip'

7. invaderyoyo
    OP

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Oh, I didn't know the original was like that. It runs great on PSP.

Definitely wouldn't have bought it if I knew.

8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    there is the metal Slug X versions wich is basicaly a remake of metal slug 2 with some small changes and lag free, yeah they messed up big time on metal slug 2 this is why its the only metal slug with an actual remake lol.

9. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    MS2 slowdown is normal. I own the original MVS cart on my CMVS