Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Product Placement Explained!

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
2us7x5k.jpg
From Axe body spray to Doritos chips, upcoming stealth game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is wall-to-wall product placement. Game designer Hideo Kojima explains why.

"Concerning the current tie-ins, various things are being said in the news in the business sense, but I have singular reason," Kojima wrote via Twitter. "It's because I want to surprise players. If there's no surprise or freshness, then I'll stop the tie-ins. It's different from Hollywood-style merchandising."

So this is totally different from when actors or actresses hold products in movies. That is not surprising. The product placement in Peace Walker is incredibly surprising! Don't believe us?
e8x500.jpg
Oh look Mountain Dew. Wow.
2v2a1ad.jpg
What's this? Pepsi Nex? In the jungle? They don't have it in the 1970s. That's so surprising!
w86as6.jpg
Doritos? Mountain Dew, Pepsi Nex and Doritos? Talk about fresh.

Hideo Kojima has always surprised players through gameplay, not product placement. Focus on that, no need to defend corporate marketing choices.
http://kotaku.com/5513122/metal-gear-solid...ement-explained

Why is there so much MGS:PW news? ;_;

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I was able to translate this from Bullshit to English.

Hideo Kojima: "I like money".

It's a little rough, please correct my translation if needs be.

It's actually "I love money" but in a creepy way...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bladerx said:
In his defense, MGS 4 costed too much to be an exclusive, they have to make up for some of that cash that's is not going to return.
the recent cost is about 60mil for MGS4

in the first week of sales he broke even, every thing after that was just profit

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahahahaha I guess then you havn't heard that the Monster Hunter Tie-in won't be as bad? There's going to be a bonus island called 'Monster Island' (Original right?) or something along those lines, and once snake is there you can solo/multiplayer fight through monsters from Monster Hunter

Except this time you can use Guriila warfare
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0