Gameboy Modding!
This group is for people who enjoy modding Gameboys of every kind. Feel free to post your Gameboy mods here!
Gameboy Modding!
Gameboy Modding!

Metal Gameboy Modding

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jayro
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 56
  • Replies Replies 3
I'll be building a Gameboy "Pocket Color" by Boxypixel as soon as my laminated Q5 screen gets here. These are the parts I've chosen. I have red rubber buttons too for start and select, as well as a USB C charging board.

271925877_1067230650800467_1498062320546555424_n.jpg
 
Here's my finished Pocket Color build. Added magnetic USB C charging and a 2000mAh battery, instead of the 1700mAh one. (So now I have a spare battery for another build down the road.) I love that crispy-ass Retropixel screen too!

20220130_023554.jpg

20220130_024343.jpg20220130_024248.jpg20220130_023706.jpg20220130_023644.jpg
 
This is my completed Boxy Pixel DMG-01 Gameboy. I went with minty green start+select buttons, lens, and power switch. NES-colored aluminum dpad+A+B buttons, a 4000mAh 125054 LiPo battery, a TP4056 USB C charging circuit, a 3D-printed bracket I made for it, and a Funnyplaying Q5 Retro-pixel screen.

20220825_174214.jpg
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Jayro
Members:
326
Threads:
38
Messages:
163
Photos:
6

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted