Metal and Rock Thread

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... I like pretty much all metal kinds... So I'll post a song from the band that plays trash metal, trash metal is a sub-genre of heavy metal btw. =O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLtTa2trRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNUEhLavV2k

If you don't know Slayer, you don't deserve to live... I wonder where all my Slayer tshirts went to.. =(

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, I listened to some music that I was really impressed with lately so I thought I should share it, since I believe they aren't very well known. Whether people like them or not is a different matter.

Oceansize. Oh how I fucking love this band. Been in love with them since I've first heard of them, it's amazingly unfortunate they disbanded soon after I just started liking them, they never had one bad album or EP. I got around to listen their new album recently, which I got bored of last time and it's fucking phenomenal. Anyone who haven't heard of them, and love prog and post-rock should listen to them. They have an excitingly original yet familiar sound, too bad they never got noticed by the mainstream (which was unlikely to happen anyway, but hey).
[yt]rNlU0zA8zOU[/yt]
[yt]RYAF_MgV0JA[/yt]
[yt]dFkyrRqzkIQ[/yt]
[yt]RcWGCoUNU3s[/yt]

Shining, this band, pretty mindblowing. Not to be confused with the Swedish suicidal black metal band (cringe). I would say they combine prog, jazz, noise and extreme metal together perfectly.
[yt]UQ7Fh_Y2Lkg[/yt]
[yt]2dCGoNgtdWs[/yt]

The Ocean Collective, prog metal band. They have two concept albums based on religious fallacies, you can see that they are pretty well informed/opinionated in the areas of philosophy, history, religion and science. Their lyrics are not amazing, but are pretty good considering the material they are writing on. Their music is pretty good though, sludgey prog metal .
[yt]MqrKJTN6G5Y[/yt]
[yt]PJT42OoWx0o[/yt]

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, this band, even more interesting. I think people describe them as Advant Garde metal, personally, I think they sound like a more experimental Meshuggah
[yt]0jF2VFn9up0[/yt]

Alcest, heard of this band before from [m]NeSchn[/m] but only gave them a serious listen lately. Their second record is a pretty good amalgamation of Shoegaze and Black Metal, though some Black Metal fans might disagree, since many of them seem to hate shoegaze (not surprising). Though their first record is a traditional BM record I believe.
[yt]2uvlxmgJVuM[/yt]

That is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P