Hacking Messed up O3DS following a tutorial - Need help

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Last night i was following: https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-rxtools-9-2-0-20-w-unlinking-updating-online-access.409489/

You know when you're tired and you miss the first part to get the extra files... it is never going to work. Anyway, now i cant boot in to manuhax while holding L. When rxtools autoboots, it shows the rxtools screen quickly then just gets stuck in a look and the red screen on the bottom just keeps flashing. I have done a NAND restore from the backup i took before committing last night, that to my surprise made no difference. Is there anyway i can remove the triggers L autoboot and R and start again now im awake?

What i basically want is the same set up as my N3DS but for my O3DS. Rxtools autobooting, hold L boot in to homebrew menu. Hold R boot in to sysnand. Unlinked NANDS etc.
Device Info:

9.2E downgraded from 10.1E - O3DSXL - 16GB extreme SD Card.

Any help would be great thanks!

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my menuhax_padcfg.bin, This one autoboots to the homebrew menu, or CTRBootMAnager.. Whichever you're using.. and holding R will bring you to sysnand
(obviously you need to extract the .bin file inside the zip to the root of your SD)

You can also edit your triggers in the menuhax installer

Attachments

• menuhax_padcfg.zip
    178 bytes · Views: 160
Last edited by LameNobody,

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my menuhax_padcfg.bin, This one autoboots to the homebrew menu, or CTRBootMAnager.. Whichever you're using.. and holding R will bring you to sysnand
(obviously you need to extract the .bin file inside the zip to the root of your SD)

You can also edit your triggers in the menuhax installer

Thanks for that mate, do you have any solid tutorials for O3DS? O3DS is feeling more complicated than N3DS for some reason. My N3DS i followed this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys,

Last night i was following: https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-rxtools-9-2-0-20-w-unlinking-updating-online-access.409489/

You know when you're tired and you miss the first part to get the extra files... it is never going to work. Anyway, now i cant boot in to manuhax while holding L. When rxtools autoboots, it shows the rxtools screen quickly then just gets stuck in a look and the red screen on the bottom just keeps flashing. I have done a NAND restore from the backup i took before committing last night, that to my surprise made no difference. Is there anyway i can remove the triggers L autoboot and R and start again now im awake?

What i basically want is the same set up as my N3DS but for my O3DS. Rxtools autobooting, hold L boot in to homebrew menu. Hold R boot in to sysnand. Unlinked NANDS etc.
Device Info:

9.2E downgraded from 10.1E - O3DSXL - 16GB extreme SD Card.

Any help would be great thanks!
It sounds like your NANDs are linked and menuhax is loading on emuNAND.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, just installed menuhax and every time i hold L it starts to boot in to menuhax but then stops on the fellow screen. Any ideas?

Edit: Right it finally loaded when holding L, but then it didn't load in to menuhax. Instead i get a screen saying: Error: file /rxtools/sys/code.bin not found.
press start to reboot.

How when i restored my nand image before i isntalled anything and i have also done a format on the SD card?

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/413mtd/is_there_a_way_to_improve_the_boot_rate_of/

This fixed my menuhax loading problem. - Getting there..

Edit 2: The problem i have now, is i have just gone through the rxtools first time set up and at this stage of the tutorial:

1) Power on your 3DS withouth pressing a single button. You will see your screen go haywire like when launching HBL but it will boot rxTools instead;
2) Your System should now be on a First Time Setup screen for rxTools. Leave it do its thing takes about 2-3 minutes. (If this screen doesn't appear and you see a Black/Red screen or HBL go to the troubleshooting spoiler);

Mine did that, then when it tried to boot in to emunand. i get a looping red screen?

Edit 3: Now just setting rxtools flash up quickly but then only a black screen.

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: