OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So as the title said, I pretty much killed my DSi. It's not exactly dead, but it's not booting.

The answer I'm guessing will fix my DSi is to the question "How do you reflash a DSi's firmware?"

If you want to the know the back story as to how it broke here it is (feel free to laugh at my stupidity):

I had the Metroid Prime Hunters demo card back form when I got the original DS. My first Acekard was broken and I thought it might be something with the plastic casing 'cause it moved a lot inside it. I opened the MPH case and put the Acekard in it, which didn't fit.
So now, left with a broken MPH, I wanted to see if the game would still run if I only used the back case and the chip in the DSi. I put them both in, and turned my DSi upside down. The chip fell out, but the cover was stuck in the slot-1.
glare.gif

Seeing as I couldn't really do anything to get it unstuck, I thought I had to open it, so I did. After I opened it and disconnected a few things to get to the slot-1, it just occurred to me that the case might slip out if I put the chip back in with it and took them out together. I tried. It did.
I felt really stupid.
So I put my DSi back together and everything was working fine until I launched the outer camera. It gave that standard "An error has occurred, please hold down the power button and restart your DSi" so I did.
Now it won't turn on.

I've read that the DSi does a hardware check when it boots and that if there's even the slightest thing wrong, it won't go on. I've opened it up and reconnected everything properly so this is where I need a firmware flash to see if it's fixed... Goodbye DSiWare... T_T

SoraKeyofFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Worse news, even if you pay Nintendo won't fix the DSi because you opened it.
Even worse news. I don't even have enough money to pay for a Nintendo fix... I might have to look for a third-party repairman or something.
The stupid thing is that if I'm looking to trade it for a 3DS, I'll have to get it fixed then trade it in, which will cost me more than just buying a 3DS thus nullifying their trade-in deal. lol

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
machomuu said:
Wrong. If you pay the repair fee, Nintendo will fully repair whatever you send them, or send you a new one.
I've experienced it myself, it happened to me. If you open it they will not fix it AFAIK.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
injected11 said:
machomuu said:
Wrong. If you pay the repair fee, Nintendo will fully repair whatever you send them, or send you a new one.
I've experienced it myself, it happened to me. If you open it they will not fix it AFAIK.
I've gone through their repair service as well. If they didn't repair it, it means you were trying to cash in on a free repair and had voided your warranty. I paid the repair fee, and they repaired mine, even after I had opened it up.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
machomuu said:
injected11 said:
machomuu said:
I've gone through their repair service as well. If they didn't repair it, it means you were trying to cash in on a free repair and had voided your warranty. I paid the repair fee, and they repaired mine, even after I had opened it up.
That's it. I didn't void it, but it was past its warranty by 3 months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-