Homebrew Merry Christmas - Have some RAM Dumping!

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be some common key used to sign saves. If thats not it, it will be in the ram somewhere.

All 3ds consoles should use the same key to sign retail cart saves since retail carts can be used on multiple 3ds consoles.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They dump it themselves.

Perhaps you're just trying to make it publicly seem like you don't support sharing such info, for legal reasons... But if you actually think that, well, it's not right. If someone is serious about working on dissecting it, then the more samples they have, the better it will go. You need multiple samples to compare between.

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you're just trying to make it publicly seem like you don't support sharing such info, for legal reasons... But if you actually think that, well, it's not right. If someone is serious about working on dissecting it, then the more samples they have, the better it will go. You need multiple samples to compare between.

If anyone else want to share their dumps, feel free. I, however, will not be sharing my dumps. Thats why I released these tools.

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse my ignorance, is this the first way of retrieving RAM-dump or has it been possible with external hardware before?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work on my 4.5 XL. Exploited install successfully but when I attempt to go into Nintendo DS Profile settings I get an error that the 3DS needs to reboot.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
If this ever turn into a 3DS dev tool(suggested by the name) I have one favor to ask you, Make it hard to run iso's, implement some kind of security to protect the 3DS from cracked iso's thanks :D btw I will be able to take nand dumps soon using solder, if that is to any help ;)

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like naehrwhert obtained the RAM dump he was after and has been playing around with whatever he's found...

naehrwert ‏@naehrwert 5h
openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -d -K 580006192800C5F0FBFB04E06A682088 -iv 00000000000000000000000000000000 -in gateway.dat -out stage2.bin

naehrwert ‏@naehrwert 1h
openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -d -K 1166d40ccdc9bd6ae2f38e8a0d4fe128 -iv 00000000000000000000000000000000 -in gw2.0s3.bin -out gw2.0s3.bin

I got a bad decrypt error trying the first one on Launcher.dat. Is gateway.dat a different file? Because I couldn't find anything on it.

If this ever turn into a 3DS dev tool(suggested by the name) I have one favor to ask you, Make it hard to run iso's, implement some kind of security to protect the 3DS from cracked iso's thanks :D btw I will be able to take nand dumps soon using solder, if that is to any help ;)

As far as I know, waffle and co. aren't planning to put any specific stops in place against piracy. They won't do anything to actively contribute towards it beyond working towards code execution either, then what people do with that ability is the responsibility of those people alone.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How about not. game consoles are a dying breed anyway.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
(using the surface so I can't reply.)
Yes, same with humans, but should we kill us right now because we will eventually die? No, same with consoles lets not kill them before they die.
Btw why are you on a console based forum when you are clearly a proud member of "Epic PC Master Race"? :P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(using the surface so I can't reply.)
Yes, same with humans, but should we kill us right now because we will eventually die? No, same with consoles lets not kill them before they die.
Btw why are you on a console based forum when you are clearly a proud member of "Epic PC Master Race"? :P
I'm just saying it's a pointless struggle. plus I want to play 3DS roms without a flashcard.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The 3DS doesn't use ISOs... So that's fine by me. :)

Reactions: Duo8 and Vappy

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, I'm a developer and I know how hard it is to create games and develop apps, also how time consuming it is. So for the love of whatever you believe in, just buy the software and help out the other poor developers. Think about it, if everyone started taking thinks without paying for them, war would start and company's will go under and eventually the humans. So stop being a theif and buy things cuz cracking software is like stealing someone car.

--From a developer.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'm a developer and I know how hard it is to create games and develop apps, also how time consuming it is. So for the love of whatever you believe in, just buy the software and help out the other poor developers. Think about it, if everyone started taking thinks without paying for them, war would start and company's will go under and eventually the humans. So stop being a theif and buy things cuz cracking software is like stealing someone car.

--From a developer.

Please don't derail the discussion again. This isn't a thread about piracy -_-. And no, it is not like stealing a car. Stealing a car is physically taking something from someone, piracy is if you could create a copy of that car for yourself for free, it's different. And as someone who is actually an adult and part of a real development team, it's not actually an issue. People pay for games if they can afford it and they like the game. It's simple as that. Piracy can actually benefit you by increasing your fanbase.

@Kakkoii

No, its currently using a own encrypted filetype, I just used "ISO" so people would understand ;)

Sure... Then you should have just used "ROM" in that case, since that is the term everyone uses for flash based game rips. Using a term like "cracked ISO" makes you sound very uninformed about all this, and made me frankly worried for you and your attempt to solder and dump your NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel