ROM Hack Merging multiple save slots?

Kionea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a thing? Say for example I've got two save files for OoT, one with a save in slot 1 and another with a save in slot 2. Is there a way to merge those two together so that I have both save slots on one file?

Jawertae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its unencrypted you should be able to do it with a hex editor but you have to know where each save file begins and ends. Back up your saves and experiment.

Kionea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its unencrypted you should be able to do it with a hex editor but you have to know where each save file begins and ends. Back up your saves and experiment.

Huh. Didn't think about that. I'll try that out.

D

Deleted-236924

Aren't the saves stored as save00.bin/save01.bin/save02.bin on the cartridge's save data?
Wouldn't you be able to backup the saves from one cart and restore it to the other?

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Jawertae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games are like this some aren't. I think oot might be actually. I know I have duped one of my fire emblem saves by just copying and renaming the savefile to slot 2... so this makes sense but only for some (maybe most, though) games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==