menuhax problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mehmeh11, Aug 3, 2016.

1. mehmeh11
    OP

mehmeh11 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2016
    Peru
    I'm on 11.0, and I installed menuhax, but now my 3dss freezes when I press the home button (for example, when I enter the friendlist and go out of it, it just says "home menu" but stays there, and with a game like pokemon ORAS, it gets back to the menu, but it freezes when I go back to the game)
    BTW, with the save data backup, can I delete my pokemon SMD save, play the story again, and load the old one? Thanks in advance (also, I installed basehaxx)

2. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    Is normal because how sdiconhax works, you will need to uninstall MenuHax for solve that with all that implies.

3. mochiprincess

mochiprincess Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I have this problem too with menuhax but I haven't been able to solve it nor have I heard of anyone who has. I even tried reinstalling menuhax several times only to no avail. :L

4. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    I also have the Home Menu freeze problem, but I'm also unable to save changes to my Home Menu. For example, if I move an Icon or change my Theme, it will be undone the next time I turn my 3DS on. Is there a way to fix this saving problem?

5. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Due to the way the new menuhax works, it locks the home menus save data.

Kumoashi likes this.
  6. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    So all I can do then is uninstall Menuhax, make my changes, then reinstall Menuhax. Is that correct?

7. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Pretty much, yeah. From what I know, i ought to look into how it works.

Kumoashi likes this.
  8. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the info.

9. mochiprincess

mochiprincess Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I ran into another problem where once I'm exiting the friends app it'll have that little "Home Menu" interval and then freeze. Anyone else have that problem?

10. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Well, sdiconhax does come with a few inconvenients I guess

11. Clector

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    @mochiprincess Is normal in Original 3DS models with all system applets, you can only uninstall MenuHax to can use it again.

12. dannybritty

dannybritty Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    France
    Hi guys,

Just got a similar problem, using latest firmware on my 3ds, I don't have many issue, I just need to restart my 3ds when I want to back home menu from friend list.

I can see my friend list, add a friend, but it crashes when I want to go back home menu pressing the home button.

So, it is normal ? :)

13. Clector

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    @dannybritty Using MenuHax for 10.6-11.0 is normal becuase how sdiconhax (MenUhax exploit for 10.6-11.0) works. Yo can only uninstall if you want to return, but it isn"t the better idea if you don"t have another working Homebrew Exploit already installed that isn"t Browserhax, that becuase Nintendo can block the Browser again when a new update comes and in 10.7 and higher the workaound to the blocked browser isn"t possible to do anymmore.

14. dannybritty

dannybritty Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    France
    Ok thanks for your reply, I installed Homebrew launcher when the 3ds was already in version 11, by scanning a QR code if i remember well.

Is there any other way except rescan qr code each time or use MenuHax to start homebrew launcher ? :)

Thanks for the answer.