Homebrew MenuDO Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
rockstar99 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
OK, read the whole thread, and I have a question....where is the difference between this and previous threads that have been closed?

I see couple of screenshots posted, that's cool, I see talk about possible video, even cooler.....rest of it, same old questions repeated trough pages, and arguing.....impatience, and requests..

I'm thinking about closing this thread, as it's pretty much pointless...
This is my suggestion to you SoulAnger..Create your own thread! It really stupid to have a thread about your project, made by other member, and then you answering questions here! It's illogical..
Create a thread, update first page with screenshots, videos, news etc. Everything you have to say or add, post there.....Make a little FAQ, so questions don't get repeated every other post..

If you do all that, I'll help you by heavily modding that thread, I'll keep it clean..Let me know if you want that, you'll have full control over updates and everything, and not like this..Also, if you do that, I'll close this thread (I might close it anyways)..as it's getting bunch of pages a day, and it's all pretty much pointless..We have members overhyping it on one side, and other members whining for release/date..
Cant you just change the OP with your MOD Powers or something because there are plenty of *good* questions answered here too.
As for the lame questions just let them off thi stime and if anybody does it again then suspend them warn them or ban them whatever you want.
Thats just my opinion on the thread the choice is yours and soul's
smile.gif
No, I can't change the Original Poster of the thread..
Also, questions that have been asked here can be transferred in the FAQ list in the first post of the new thread..

This one is almost 10 pages big, and we already have arguing here, flamebaiting, bad posts, and repeated questions..
Also, SoulAnger doesn't have any control over updates, and his posts with possible images and videos will get lost in countless pages soon!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
rockstar99 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
OK, read the whole thread, and I have a question....where is the difference between this and previous threads that have been closed?

I see couple of screenshots posted, that's cool, I see talk about possible video, even cooler.....rest of it, same old questions repeated trough pages, and arguing.....impatience, and requests..

I'm thinking about closing this thread, as it's pretty much pointless...
This is my suggestion to you SoulAnger..Create your own thread! It really stupid to have a thread about your project, made by other member, and then you answering questions here! It's illogical..
Create a thread, update first page with screenshots, videos, news etc. Everything you have to say or add, post there.....Make a little FAQ, so questions don't get repeated every other post..

If you do all that, I'll help you by heavily modding that thread, I'll keep it clean..Let me know if you want that, you'll have full control over updates and everything, and not like this..Also, if you do that, I'll close this thread (I might close it anyways)..as it's getting bunch of pages a day, and it's all pretty much pointless..We have members overhyping it on one side, and other members whining for release/date..
Cant you just change the OP with your MOD Powers or something because there are plenty of *good* questions answered here too.
As for the lame questions just let them off thi stime and if anybody does it again then suspend them warn them or ban them whatever you want.
Thats just my opinion on the thread the choice is yours and soul's
smile.gif
No, I can't change the Original Poster of the thread..
Also, questions that have been asked here can be transferred in the FAQ list in the first post of the new thread..

This one is almost 10 pages big, and we already have arguing here, flamebaiting, bad posts, and repeated questions..
Also, SoulAnger doesn't have any control over updates, and his posts with possible images and videos will get lost in countless pages soon!
I see... fine I think your right but those flamers/spammer annoy me I think anybody like that should get warned from now on
mad.gif

Fine but befor you plutonij thr thread wait for soul to come

On Topic:M3 Sakura looks like a joke now who agrees?

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go ahead and close it, tony. ^^
Altho I'm not sure what you meant about the difference of this and the old thread.

Anywho, me and my testers will plan out the ideas of the thread first before actually creating it.

Right now my idea is to start the thread right after I make the video. Which may take some time.

Anyway see ya in the next thread guys. I hope I could finally bury MENUdo's bad reputation. >_>

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
rockstar99 said:
On Topic:M3 Sakura looks like a joke now who agrees?
Don't jump to conclusions....this is what I mean when I say overhyping it..

Did you try it out so you could make the statement?! Also, Sakura is designed by Moonlight, well know developer who is very experienced and holds the title as one of the best homebrew programmers! There is really no need to go about comparing menuDO to anything, at least until it's officially released!
I'm not saying that any of these is better then the other one, I'm just saying that stating that menuDO IS better then Sakura/Moonshell might hurt it's reputation as it's a pretty big statement to make, and many might disagree!

QUOTE(SoulAnger @ Nov 11 2009, 05:57 PM) Go ahead and close it, tony. ^^
Altho I'm not sure what you meant about the difference of this and the old thread.

Anywho, me and my testers will plan out the ideas of the thread first before actually creating it.

Right now my idea is to start the thread right after I make the video. Which may take some time.

Anyway see ya in the next thread guys. I hope I could finally bury MENUdo's bad reputation. >_>
OK, I won't close this just yet, some more legit questions might come up, and it might help in making the proper FAQ (if you'll make one)..

When I said there is no difference between this and older threads, I meant that same thing is happening again, arguing, pointless posts are made, same questions all around, talk about ROM support etc. We've been trough all of that before....I agree, some fair questions were asked, and you did post some updates, but in my opinion, you should do it all properly in "official" thread, and I will do my best to help out, and keep it clean!

Good luck to you, and beta testers! Looks like you did hell of a job on this one
wink.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I havent tested menuDO but I want to, and i was not trying to insult M3 Sakura in any way I just meant that since M3 Sakura has always been the most feature full menu and now that I se everything MenuDo has its just amazes me and if it is compleatly like soul is telling us about then you cant deny the features are more.
Gui is debatable
But if everything is true then in terms of features menudo *seems* to be better IMO.
Once again dont get me wrong here i am a pure SAKURA FANBOY!
Thank you

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Guys. You COULD have a chance to test MENUdo if you have a flashcart no one else has. If you do have a flashcart we don't have, i shall redirect you to soulanger. I'm not saying that theres a spot for you with a click of a finger.

PS: I thought i told you guys to think before you post or redirect your questions to [email protected] (or whatever ninty's email is) i know they can assist you.

I have a Max Media Dock which not that many people have.

Oh and soul : I'm really sorry for any grief caused by this thread. I feel quite responsible, seeing as I started the thread, so I apologize for this.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
What bad reputation does MenuDO have? I don't really get it

it doesnt have a bad reputation. some people complain that it wont load roms, but thats not whats its for. some people say its been overhyped/wont ever come out, but it WILL come out (soul_anger says it will be released, I believe him). some people slag saying "oh thats crap because XXX", when its not even out yet so they cannot have tried it to see if its crap (which I HIGHLY doubt it will be). Other than idiots saying that kind of crap, there is nothing bad said about MenuDO.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
SifJar said:
laxman0220 said:
What bad reputation does MenuDO have? I don't really get it

it doesnt have a bad reputation. some people complain that it wont load roms, but thats not whats its for. some people say its been overhyped/wont ever come out, but it WILL come out (soul_anger says it will be released, I believe him). some people slag saying "oh thats crap because XXX", when its not even out yet so they cannot have tried it to see if its crap (which I HIGHLY doubt it will be). Other than idiots saying that kind of crap, there is nothing bad said about MenuDO.
People dont realise that the world doesn't revolve around them. They want something and if they don't get it, they start spewing out random shit like "WOOOOOW! I DONT GIVE A FAWK 'BOUT MANUDO ANYWAYz! I LEIK NORM'S AKAIO CUz IT CUN LODE ROMzzzZZzZZ!!!!"

If you truly support MENUdo, you praise what comes in the package and live with what you got.
And if you are really THAT desperate for ROMs, you can buy the flashcart when its out.

(You can also support MENUdo by donating. PM soulanger for paypal address if you wish to donate)

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think people realize, MENUdo DOES load roms. Just not for the R4i Super Mega Ultra version 6 or whatever. People will just need a new (and better) flashcart to play roms.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought the deal fell through? Or has a new one now been made? Anyway, I dont really care about ROMs that much, in fact the thing that got me interested in MenuDO in the first place was the function which let you autoboot 4 different homebrew if you held the d-pad a particular direction during boot (btw, is that still in there?). Since then, a load of the other features have grabbed my attention, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I thought the deal fell through? Or has a new one now been made? Anyway, I dont really care about ROMs that much, in fact the thing that got me interested in MenuDO in the first place was the function which let you autoboot 4 different homebrew if you held the d-pad a particular direction during boot (btw, is that still in there?). Since then, a load of the other features have grabbed my attention, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Moonshell can autoboot homebrew in the same way using the ABYX buttons.

Edit:
My question is will the files be listed alphabetically? I can't find the pictures that were posted but I thought I remember them not being in alphabetical order.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, that deal did fall through, but what's to say Soulanger can't get a new one
biggrin.gif

Oh and I'm pretty certain the autobooting is still there.

Psst... Soul is using MENUdo to take over the world, but don't tell him I told you!

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly thank you soulanger for continuing your work on this great piece of software. I appreciate that youve also been releasing information once in a while to show and prove that there is actually a continuing project on. I've followed your project for a while now and do things to get distracted from it all like buying a hacked psp that can really run beautiful custom themes and got a girlfriend of course. So heres a question:

What kinds of visualizers will you be using to accompany audio files? Im asking here for the file extension and size so I can know if it would be those used in winamp or if the themer would have to make them him/herself.

And yes I've read all the thread from first to last page!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
SifJar said:
not only can you set the buttons to boot certain nds files but you can also make it navigate specific directories or launch one of menudo's internal apps

Magmorph said:
My question is will the files be listed alphabetically? I can't find the pictures that were posted but I thought I remember them not being in alphabetical order.
i haven't been able to test menudo since i lost my sd but i'm pretty sure that the aug3 build had alphabetical and reverse alphabetical file sorting options...

QUOTE(xylos @ Nov 12 2009, 07:05 AM)
Firstly thank you soulanger for continuing your work on this great piece of software. I appreciate that youve also been releasing information once in a while to show and prove that there is actually a continuing project on. I've followed your project for a while now and do things to get distracted from it all like buying a hacked psp that can really run beautiful custom themes and got a girlfriend of course. So heres a question:

What kinds of visualizers will you be using to accompany audio files? Im asking here for the file extension and size so I can know if it would be those used in winamp or if the themer would have to make them him/herself.

And yes I've read all the thread from first to last page!

the visualizer used is (i think) the same format as the ambiance scripts in themes so replacing it should be as easy as using the same ambiance script as your current theme...
if any other testers are reading, could you tryto replace theme default visualizer with the xmb wave ambiance from menudo - liquid and see if it works?

EDIT:
[11:25] soul: visualizer in music player is same type of script as theme ambience isn't it?
[11:25] yah

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
LightyKD said:
I have a question...

"Will the WiFi features of this application work on a DSi?"
why wouldn't they? o.O
i would assume that you meant that like touch sensitivity, wifi didn't work on dsi but i distinctly remember using clirc on my dsi when i first got it...

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
LightyKD said:
I have a question...

"Will the WiFi features of this application work on a DSi?"
why wouldn't they? o.O
i would assume that you meant that like touch sensitivity, wifi didn't work on dsi but i distinctly remember using clirc on my dsi when i first got it...
WiFi has been broken for most hombrew when using a DSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.