Homebrew MenuDO Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dwight said:
SoulAnger said:
Dwight said:
Question:
If menudo isn't used to load roms, how does it gather the statistics for games played and all that?
i.e. if you load the rom from the main menu, how can menudo tell that you loaded it?
Like merc said the beta build have external loaders. ^^"
Dwight btw, go search for my other reply of your post, seems like you didnt read something I specifically wrote for you.
smile.gif
OMG how could I miss that >.<
Soul you are the man
biggrin.gif

Also, @Toni
I feel like this is one of the more successful, less spam filled threads. Give it a chance.
I'm giving it chance, it's still open.....But I don't think it's done thre right way, once things got more official, SoulAnger should make a thread, and at that point, this one will be closed.

For now, I'll keep this open..

erichlotto

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
erichlotto.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
SoulAnger

I see you manage to put twitter updates on what game am i playing, and this is awesome!

I was thinking here, can i made an update, i mean actualy write something, or just the API have access to this feature? Cause i really want to make updates directly from the menu, without having to use dstwitter (wich simply does not work for me). If you manage to put on those updates, this shouldn't be a hard quest i guess
tongue.gif

well, thanks anyway and keep up the good work
happy.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple questions as I have been following this as a curiosity, and never really expected you to get this far, though with all your hard work coming to fruition I will ask you a few questions.

1) I know the Wi-Fi connection is limited to WEP on the regular DS (including the DSi with DS games), but have you figured out a way to change it?

2) Will your firmware have a built in media player, or will you use existing software such as moonshell?

3) If the answer to question number two is "Yes I built one from the ground up." the what file formats will it play?

4) Will this allow skinning, or will you be the one updating this fabulous firmware?

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Sterl500 said:
Couple questions as I have been following this as a curiosity, and never really expected you to get this far, though with all your hard work coming to fruition I will ask you a few questions.

1) I know the Wi-Fi connection is limited to WEP on the regular DS (including the DSi with DS games), but have you figured out a way to change it?

2) Will your firmware have a built in media player, or will you use existing software such as moonshell?

3) If the answer to question number two is "Yes I built one from the ground up." the what file formats will it play?

4) Will this allow skinning, or will you be the one updating this fabulous firmware?

1. Nope, still only DS Mode at the moment.

2. Built in media player. A demo of it was released, take a look on FileTrip.

3. QUOTE1. 669 (Composer 669, Unis 669)
2. AMF (DSMI Advanced Module Format)
3. AMF (ASYLUM Music Format V1.0)
4. APUN (APlayer)
5. DSM (DSIK internal format)
6. FAR (Farandole Composer)
7. GDM (General DigiMusic)
8. GT2 (Graoumf tracker)
9. IT (Impulse Tracker)
10. IMF (Imago Orpheus)
11. MOD (15 and 31 instruments)
12. MED (OctaMED)
13. MTM (MultiTracker Module editor)
14. OKT (Amiga Oktalyzer)
15. S3M (Scream Tracker)
16. STM (Scream Tracker)
17. STX (Scream Tracker Music Interface Kit)
18. ULT (Ultra Tracker)
19. UNI (MikMod's Internal Format)
20. XM (FastTracker)

More formats, such as MP3 are being added after more pressing issues are sorted.

4. MENUdo has a built in skinner. Soulanger will probably make his own themes as well as letting people make their own.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Placeholder: About number 4. Making themes are very accesible to all MENUdo users.
Dont believe me?
Press L (shrink mode)
tap the next apps icons(the one before the wifi icon),
tap the theme tools (the menudo chicken icon)

There! You could script or make new recipes. Altho you do need a computer for making images. ^^"

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tsuna here... how customizable is the theme. like what can you change what can you not change.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
kai_booger said:
tsuna here... how customizable is the theme. like what can you change what can you not change.

From the themes I've seen, I think it's safe to assume everything is changable.

Except shrink mode perhaps...

EDIT: Soulanger says that Shrink Mode is editible too.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
almost everything is editable. visualizations. media menu. wifi menu. almost EVERYTHING. even file explorer.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Would MenuDO be hard to set up, such as requiring Ysmenu or such? If it is, just ignore the rest of my questions because I'm not getting it if you answer yes to this question.
2. Do you have a guesstimation on a release date? You don't have to tell us what your guesstimation is if you do.
biggrin.gif

3. Why did you do that fake beta?
4. Why are all the pages of the Wiki only allowing mods and admins? Why aren't certain pages allowing the public in?
5. Do we get that sig thingy like you have in your sig? Because that's the only reason I want MenuDO. LOL

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
1. Would MenuDO be hard to set up, such as requiring Ysmenu or such? If it is, just ignore the rest of my questions because I'm not getting it if you answer yes to this question.
2. Do you have a guesstimation on a release date? You don't have to tell us what your guesstimation is if you do.
biggrin.gif

4. Why are all the pages of the Wiki only allowing mods and admins? Why aren't certain pages allowing the public in?
5. Do we get that sig thingy like you have in your sig? Because that's the only reason I want MenuDO. LOL
1. It's basically drag and drop, no harder to set up than Moonshell or anything of the sort.
2. No. It'll be released as soon as the features are finished being added and worked free of bugs.
3. Who doesn't like getting Rick Rolled once in a while?
tongue.gif

4. It has confidential information that we testers need to check out. The public doesn't need to see the dev notes and whatnot.
tongue.gif

5. Yup, it's the gamertag that every MENUdo user gets, provided they go online with MENUdo.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Inunah said:
biggrin.gif

1. It's basically drag and drop, no harder to set up than Moonshell or anything of the sort.
2. No. It'll be released as soon as the features are finished being added and worked free of bugs.
3. Who doesn't like getting Rick Rolled once in a while?
tongue.gif

4. It has confidential information that we testers need to check out. The public doesn't need to see the dev notes and whatnot.
tongue.gif

5. Yup, it's the gamertag that every MENUdo user gets, provided they go online with MENUdo.

1. I don't know how hard moonshell is to set up. I don't have it nor do I even trust it being an option on the main menu as the media player, because it only supports a video file type that is too large and too crappy.
2. Oh....
3. Me. I hate being rickrolled. I'd rather eat something not so pleasant, like those chicks in 2 girls 1 cup.
4. Even the "what is menudo" page?!
5. Well my profile on that weird site that is the homepage of menudo is telling me i'm not registered for one of those. O.o Why is it telling me that when it could just say something less confusing?

....Oh, and is there a way to just get the gamertag? That's all i'm interested in, if it doesn't have slot-1 gba support and nds browser support with no slot-2.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
1. I don't know how hard moonshell is to set up. I don't have it nor do I even trust it being an option on the main menu as the media player, because it only supports a video file type that is too large and too crappy.
2. Oh....
3. Me. I hate being rickrolled. I'd rather eat something not so pleasant, like those chicks in 2 girls 1 cup.
4. Even the "what is menudo" page?!
5. Well my profile on that weird site that is the homepage of menudo is telling me i'm not registered for one of those. O.o Why is it telling me that when it could just say something less confusing?

....Oh, and is there a way to just get the gamertag? That's all i'm interested in, if it doesn't have slot-1 gba support and nds browser support with no slot-2.
You're kinda asking the impossible there in number 5. You can't do GBA emulation via slot-1 unless your flashcard has some extra balls like the iPlayer. Same with the Opera Browser, it simply needs the extra memory in slot 2 to load pages, and even then it's still slow.
As for being Rick Rolled, it's just a joke. No worries.
Moonshell is so easy to set up a monkey could do it. Drag and drop, that's it, then launch the .nds file in your flashcard menu.
Even the "What is MENUdo" page, as the wiki is under construction. My guess is that it'll be publicly available on or shortly after MENUdo's release date.
The reason why you're not registered for a gamertag is because you haven't gone online with MENUdo yet. There's no other way to get the gamertag.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Skyline969 said:
...There's no other way to get the gamertag...
Where there is a will, there is a way xD! (too bad I don't have the "will" part of it) It just takes a couple icons, a couple pictures, and a good image editor xD.
Well you could do that, but then it's not an official Gamenow.Asia gamercard.
tongue.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i just want to ask one last thing:
If I get this on my:
CycloDS Evolution or M3i Zero those are the only flashcarts I have and plan to have them forever so its impossible to use the gamerages on those?
Because its impossible to make a rom loader for those 2

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rockstar99 said:
So i just want to ask one last thing:
If I get this on my:
CycloDS Evolution or M3i Zero those are the only flashcarts I have and plan to have them forever so its impossible to use the gamerages on those?
Because its impossible to make a rom loader for those 2
MENUdo will run on both of those, but you won't be getting ROM loading, obviously. You could probably load the game, but it wouldn't do anything, just for the sake of adding it to your gamercard. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here