Hacking Menu? problem with Mac/DSTT

tempsto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

So I used to have Windows laptop, no issues with DSTT, but recently got a Mac. Now whenever I use it it just comes up with Menu? in red text. I can't use the panasonic formatter, due to being on a Mac, so was just wondering if anyone knew how to get it to work on a Mac?

Thanks in advance.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tempsto said:
Hi,

So I used to have Windows laptop, no issues with DSTT, but recently got a Mac. Now whenever I use it it just comes up with Menu? in red text. I can't use the panasonic formatter, due to being on a Mac, so was just wondering if anyone knew how to get it to work on a Mac?

Thanks in advance.
do you even have the menu in your sd card?a12 firmware

tempsto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, i've got that firmware on it, tried all the previous ones as well, I really think it's a problem associated with Macs, and was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and maybe a solution?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tempsto said:
Yeah, i've got that firmware on it, tried all the previous ones as well, I really think it's a problem associated with Macs, and was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and maybe a solution?

you never answered my question. if you formatted in mac the default partition will be GUID. you can format it in fat 32 but it won't read in the dstt.

i have a mac and i've set up around 8 dstts. the only time i got the error you mention is because my partition wasn't in Master Boot.

Wanderer509

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what are u guys using to format? i just use disk utility and that seems perfectly fine. just set to erase to MS-DOS(fat) format and it will be fat32

Alty09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nando said:
tempsto said:

you never answered my question. if you formatted in mac the default partition will be GUID. you can format it in fat 32 but it won't read in the dstt.

i have a mac and i've set up around 8 dstts. the only time i got the error you mention is because my partition wasn't in Master Boot.

QUOTE(Wanderer509 @ Jan 5 2010, 09:15 AM)
what are u guys using to format? i just use disk utility and that seems perfectly fine. just set to erase to MS-DOS(fat) format and it will be fat32

Same here on both counts, we have 3 DSTT & R4 and always works as described above.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alty09 said:
nando said:
tempsto said:

QUOTE(Wanderer509 @ Jan 5 2010, 09:15 AM)

Same here on both counts, we have 3 DSTT & R4 and always works as described above.

i use disk utility (terminal if i need fat16), but i don't think you are understanding what i'm saying. the error i got was because i didn't have the MBA partition map on one of my cards - it came that way and i didn't realize it at first. so i'm telling the OP to check the partition map. if it's not mba he needs to repartition not just erase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT