Menu? problem with Mac/DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by tempsto, Dec 30, 2009.

Dec 30, 2009

Menu? problem with Mac/DSTT by tempsto at 4:23 PM (2,508 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. tempsto
    OP

Newcomer tempsto Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

So I used to have Windows laptop, no issues with DSTT, but recently got a Mac. Now whenever I use it it just comes up with Menu? in red text. I can't use the panasonic formatter, due to being on a Mac, so was just wondering if anyone knew how to get it to work on a Mac?

Thanks in advance.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    do you even have the menu in your sd card?a12 firmware

3. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    did you reformat your card in your mac? if so make sure to select Master Boot Record

4. tempsto
    OP

Newcomer tempsto Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yeah, i've got that firmware on it, tried all the previous ones as well, I really think it's a problem associated with Macs, and was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and maybe a solution?

5. nando

United States

you never answered my question. if you formatted in mac the default partition will be GUID. you can format it in fat 32 but it won't read in the dstt.

i have a mac and i've set up around 8 dstts. the only time i got the error you mention is because my partition wasn't in Master Boot.

6. Wanderer509

Newcomer Wanderer509 Member

Canada
    what are u guys using to format? i just use disk utility and that seems perfectly fine. just set to erase to MS-DOS(fat) format and it will be fat32

7. Alty09

Newcomer Alty09 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Same here on both counts, we have 3 DSTT & R4 and always works as described above.

8. nando

United States

i use disk utility (terminal if i need fat16), but i don't think you are understanding what i'm saying. the error i got was because i didn't have the MBA partition map on one of my cards - it came that way and i didn't realize it at first. so i'm telling the OP to check the partition map. if it's not mba he needs to repartition not just erase.