Hacking Memory Full after installing new WADs + Priiloader Update

C.S.I.

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
410
Trophies
0
Location
Down under
Website
Visit site
XP
57
Country
Tried to install today World of Goo, and Pokemon Rumble. (and update Priiloader from 0.2 or 0.3 to 0.4)

Its an otherwise Stock'ish 4.2E Wii, updated to 4.2 by Ninti, then Hacked by the CSG.

Updated Priiloader 1st, then rebooted, all good.

The proceeded to use MMM to install the 2 x WADS.

Received NO errors.

Rebooted to System Menu, immediatly get a Memory Full error, and thrown to the Data Management screen?

Sure enough, 0 blocks free. Whassup?

Remove both the newly installed WADs freed up around 350 blocks. Mine at home which is almost a duplicate, has over 1000 blocks free with those same WADs installed??

Have to ring him tomorrow and confirm if he has the Internet Help channel (anyone know how big that bugger is?), which I doubt when I was looking at the installed channels and saves.

Any other soutions, could it be caused by Priiloader. I never checked how many blocks were free prior to twiddling today??

I also removed Priiloader, same free blocks??

Could I have corruption?, is their any utility to show the NAND memory usage by channel/savegame?

We do have a NAND backup, but only bootmi as IOS (New unit)
 

DGenerateKane

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
357
Trophies
0
XP
284
Country
United States
If by "Internet Help Channel" you mean the lame video that talks about the internet on the Wii then that sucker takes over 1000 blocks. First thing I do when I get a wii from someone is delete that worthless POS.
 

Digital1980

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
499
Trophies
0
XP
190
Country
United States
After playing around with some DLC, the Wii system memory is filling up fast. There are about 450 free blocks left. Is there any way to find out how much space is being used by the RB2, GH5, GHWT and BH DLC and various other content and also delete it. I tried AnyTitleDeleter but it doesn't show the songs or space being used.

Save data in the Wii menu is not much use either. The only method I am aware of so far is the "archive" option within GH5 and BH actual game menu. I am looking for a way to bypass that get rid of all the songs I tested and experimented with.
 

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
3,146
Trophies
0
Age
47
Location
Harderwijk, Netherlands
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
324
Country
Netherlands
Digital1980 said:
After playing around with some DLC, the Wii system memory is filling up fast. There are about 450 free blocks left. Is there any way to find out how much space is being used by the RB2, GH5, GHWT and BH DLC and various other content and also delete it. I tried AnyTitleDeleter but it doesn't show the songs or space being used.

Save data in the Wii menu is not much use either. The only method I am aware of so far is the "archive" option within GH5 and BH actual game menu. I am looking for a way to bypass that get rid of all the songs I tested and experimented with.
I fiddled with it in The Beatles: Rockband. I also had the problem that the blocks copied to the SD slot weren't removed from the Wii system. Solution: Run from Disc. Problem gone!
 

Digital1980

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
499
Trophies
0
XP
190
Country
United States
Great, it looks like I'll have to install the dreaded discCORP. I never wanted to venture this realm but it looks like I have to now. Thanks for your input.
 

EeZeEpEe

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
532
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
New York City
Website
Visit site
XP
67
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
Great, it looks like I'll have to install the dreaded discCORP. I never wanted to venture this realm but it looks like I have to now. Thanks for your input.
I used to think the same way but I ended up installing it and have had no problems. It's DARKCORP v1.0 by the way now.

To C.S.I:
It sounds like your friend's system does have that Internet Help Channel.
 

vexing

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 16, 2009
Messages
65
Trophies
0
XP
27
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
Great, it looks like I'll have to install the dreaded discCORP. I never wanted to venture this realm but it looks like I have to now. Thanks for your input.
wait... you're going to install darkcorp just to free some memory from your nand?

i'm sure there's got to be a better solution, but something that would work is dumping your nand, unpacking it on your computer, deleting the appropriate stuff, repacking it and dumping it back on to your wii.
 

EeZeEpEe

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
532
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
New York City
Website
Visit site
XP
67
Country
United States
vexing said:
Digital1980 said:
Great, it looks like I'll have to install the dreaded discCORP. I never wanted to venture this realm but it looks like I have to now. Thanks for your input.
wait... you're going to install darkcorp just to free some memory from your nand?

i'm sure there's got to be a better solution, but something that would work is dumping your nand, unpacking it on your computer, deleting the appropriate stuff, repacking it and dumping it back on to your wii.
You didn't read the whole convo. DLC content for music games stays on the Wii memory when using USB loaders. I've been told Hermes v5 base 37 and waninkoko rev19 base 37 fix that but I've had no luck with either. Also that "better" solution you suggest sounds like a whole lot of work when DARKCORP only takes a few minutes to install.
 

xfcrowman

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
431
Trophies
0
XP
195
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
After playing around with some DLC, the Wii system memory is filling up fast. There are about 450 free blocks left. Is there any way to find out how much space is being used by the RB2, GH5, GHWT and BH DLC and various other content and also delete it. I tried AnyTitleDeleter but it doesn't show the songs or space being used.

Save data in the Wii menu is not much use either. The only method I am aware of so far is the "archive" option within GH5 and BH actual game menu. I am looking for a way to bypass that get rid of all the songs I tested and experimented with.

I'm sure that you could use either uLoader or SNEEK to free up some space on your NAND without needing to install darkcorp.

uLoader can be used for most wii game saves, which are run off an emulated NAND, and you can also use it for RB2, GH5, GHWT and BH DLC if I'm not mistaken.

Its also possible that you could use SNEEK for all your DLC as well to free up space on your NAND.

Also, do you have any VC/Wiiware installed? At this point there is really no reason to install ANY VC/wiiware on your actual NAND. You can use Triiforce and uLoader to run almost everything, and the few problem games that don't work can be run on SNEEK.

I was in a similar position you are now in with about 300 blocks of free space left. Through the use of SNEEK, uLoader, and Triiforce, I now have about 1800 blocks free and almost never use my real NAND for anything.
 

vexing

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 16, 2009
Messages
65
Trophies
0
XP
27
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
You didn't read the whole convo. DLC content for music games stays on the Wii memory when using USB loaders. I've been told Hermes v5 base 37 and waninkoko rev19 base 37 fix that but I've had no luck with either. Also that "better" solution you suggest sounds like a whole lot of work when DARKCORP only takes a few minutes to install.

i read the whole conversation, i might have misunderstood.
to me it sounded like he was saying he downloaded some DLC songs and they stayed in his nand after the fact, not just while playing the game.
i don't think installing darkcorp will actually help with this at all, it just prevents dlc from going to the nand while playing the games with a usb loader.
 

EeZeEpEe

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
532
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
New York City
Website
Visit site
XP
67
Country
United States
vexing said:
EeZeEpEe said:
You didn't read the whole convo. DLC content for music games stays on the Wii memory when using USB loaders. I've been told Hermes v5 base 37 and waninkoko rev19 base 37 fix that but I've had no luck with either. Also that "better" solution you suggest sounds like a whole lot of work when DARKCORP only takes a few minutes to install.

i read the whole conversation, i might have misunderstood.
to me it sounded like he was saying he downloaded some DLC songs and they stayed in his nand after the fact, not just while playing the game.
i don't think installing darkcorp will actually help with this at all, it just prevents dlc from going to the nand while playing the games with a usb loader.
DARKCORP does help with the music DLC problem because one of the solutions is to play the game through the disc channel. It's the only reason I installed it.
 

Digital1980

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
499
Trophies
0
XP
190
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
I'm sure that you could use either uLoader or SNEEK to free up some space on your NAND without needing to install darkcorp.

uLoader can be used for most wii game saves, which are run off an emulated NAND, and you can also use it for RB2, GH5, GHWT and BH DLC if I'm not mistaken.

Its also possible that you could use SNEEK for all your DLC as well to free up space on your NAND.

Also, do you have any VC/Wiiware installed? At this point there is really no reason to install ANY VC/wiiware on your actual NAND. You can use Triiforce and uLoader to run almost everything, and the few problem games that don't work can be run on SNEEK.

I was in a similar position you are now in with about 300 blocks of free space left. Through the use of SNEEK, uLoader, and Triiforce, I now have about 1800 blocks free and almost never use my real NAND for anything.

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I'm trying to free space from actual nand on the Wii. SNEEK definitely won't help because it obviously uses the COPY of my system files. I have tried uLoader but not tested all of the features of it yet. I still haven't been able to get NAND emulation to run. That might work as it sounds like it can use the actual NAND or emulated.
 

C.S.I.

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
410
Trophies
0
Location
Down under
Website
Visit site
XP
57
Country
Update to my issue.

Was that farkin internet help channel, uses over 1000 blocks.

No idea where it came from, assume from the factory like that ??

Cheers All.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Peepa @ Peepa: i gotta find model rips of the angels from bayonetta