Homebrew RELEASE melonDS for Switch — continuation

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@catlover007 Hello I just installed melonDS release 5 and when i go down to rom select it boot me out melonDS I have got like 1,000 ds there. Maybe too much ? Also I like the new gui look and nice work too

Last edited by FanNintendo,

KnightMars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@catlover007 Hello I just installed melonDS release 5 and when i go down to rom select it boot me out melonDS I have got like 1,000 ds there. Maybe too much ? Also I like the new gui look and nice work too
Release 5 working on v11.0.1? I followed the instruction but load the .nro file. It crashed, and power button to reboot to hekate

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release 5 working on v11.0.1? I followed the instruction but load the .nro file. It crashed, and power button to reboot to hekate
Im on 10.2.0 still Im waiting to upgrade to 11.0.1 in couple months still dont feel comfortable with 11.0.1 from what people having issues lately

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the problem was too many roms in one directory? Can you tell me the exact number?
no my roms is 957 games roms my old directory was F:/roms/DS will not work so i moved it to MelonDS folder it works F:/switch/MelonDS/roms it works fine no slow down with full 957 ds games

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no my roms is 957 games roms my old directory was F:/roms/DS will not work so i moved it to MelonDS folder it works F:/switch/MelonDS/roms it works fine no slow down with full 957 ds games
that's very weird. It should work anyway.
What Fw are you on?

Bc on 11.0.1 crashes all the time
it works fine on 11.0.1, that's what I'm developing it on. The firmware version shouldn't make a difference (unless it's a very old one). When exactly does it crash for you?

KnightMars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
  • Download the latest release from here: https://github.com/RSDuck/melonDS/releases
  • Extract the release onto your sd card, so that there's /switch/melonds folder melonds.nro and some other files inside it.
  • NAND, BIOS and firmware files go into /switch/melonds as well
  • ROM files can be placed anywhere on the sd card
For DSi mode the following files are necessary (in parantheses is how they should be named for melonDS to recognises them):
  • DSi ARM9 BIOS (biosdsi9.rom)
  • DSi ARM7 BIOS (biosdsi7.rom)
  • DSi mode firmware (firmware_dsi.bin)
  • NAND dump (nand.bin)

I'm on FW11.0.1, I followed the steps you have shared above.
it crashed when I clicked the melonds.nro at the homebrew menu

ps: I have the exact naming for the BIOS, firmware and NAND

Last edited by KnightMars,

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on FW11.0.1, I followed the steps you have shared above.
it crashed when I clicked the melonds.nro at the homebrew menu

ps: I have the exact naming for the BIOS, firmware and NAND

Same thing here, FW 11.0.1 on Atmosphere 0.17.1
do you use the album to get into the hbmenu?

From my side, that's how I access hbmenu

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same thing here, FW 11.0.1 on Atmosphere 0.17.1

From my side, that's how I access hbmenu
don't do that, use title injection. Press L or R while starting a game from the Switch menu (I forgot what the default was) or whatever is the default (it can be changed in a config file).

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't do that, use title injection. Press L or R while starting a game from the Switch menu (I forgot what the default was) or whatever is the default (it can be changed in a config file).

Thanks for that, pressing and holding down R button while open any game worked for me!

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, do you mean by "pressing and holding down R button" to launch the melonds.nro at the hbmenu (access through 'album'), it works?
no by holding the R button while launching any game in the Switch's main menu to get into the hbmenu. From there one it's the usual.

Last edited by catlover007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg