jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Kinda nervous about it! Even tho i in the right, the company i work for are corrupt bastards and dont have no regard for employment law.

Its for gross misconduct because i refused to pick up well over 1,000 cigarette butts in the carpark with only a litter picker. And because i aparently called the manager a dickhead, when what i said was, "You're treating me like a dickhead" Tellin him i was clearly implyin i was the dickhead and he wasnt. Ahh well, It's at 1.30....kinda nervous, rahh! Wish me luck!

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
You were most likely in the right until you said dickhead to your manager. Under pretty much any situation that is ill-advised.

He didn't call the manager a "dickhead", he said he was being treated like one. Well good luck and hope it doesn't turn out bad.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
You were most likely in the right until you said dickhead to your manager. Under pretty much any situation that is ill-advised.

Agreed. Bite your tongue next time, even though you didn't call him a dickhead he took it like you did.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sharpz said:
Blood Fetish said:
He didn't call the manager a "dickhead", he said he was being treated like one. Well good luck and hope it doesn't turn out bad.
I never said he called his manager a dickhead. I said that he spoke the word to him. If you lose your cool and start using profanity then you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blood Fetish said:
Sharpz said:
Blood Fetish said:
I never said he called his manager a dickhead. I said that he spoke the word to him. If you lose your cool and start using profanity then you really don't have a leg to stand on.
Ah, but "You're treating me like a dickhead" can be interpreted in two different ways.

1) "You are treating me like I am a dickhead"
2) "You are treating me like a dickhead would treat me"

I bet the manager insists it was meaning 2 even if he knows it wasn't. Managers are like that. That's mostly how they got to be managers.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, after a 5 and a half hour meeting i got dismissed! Its a shame because it was constructive dismissal as my manager told me he wanted me gone and kept asking me to hand in my resignation. Ive already sent of my appeal and if that doesnt work i will start to dish out all the dirty secrets that company has to the press.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
Well, after a 5 and a half hour meeting i got dismissed! Its a shame because it was constructive dismissal as my manager told me he wanted me gone and kept asking me to hand in my resignation. Ive already sent of my appeal and if that doesnt work i will start to dish out all the dirty secrets that company has to the press.
What company? Gamestop? because if so won't make a difference most people already knows

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
No way, make them fire you! Or demote you...

Also condolences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Did they make a tomb raider for N64?