Hacking Mega Man 9/10 DLC Installation on vWii?

MegaManTrigger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get the DLC for Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 to work in vWii mode. I've exhausted the limits of my admittedly lacking knowledge of vWii installation. I have tried the following:
  • Installing the WADs for 9 and 10, followed by the DLC WADs for 9 and 10. (I've used both obtained-from-the-internet WADs and my own rips from my Wii sans DLC for Mega Man 10, which isn't visible to YABDM.)
  • Installing 9, launching, creating a save file, injecting my Wii save file for 9, launching again to confirm save is good, then installing the DLC WAD for 9.
  • Installing 9, installing the DLC WAD for 9, launching, creating a save file, and injecting my Wii save file on top of it.
  • Searching this forum repeatedly.
I've been employing YABDM (on my Wii, to get the WAD dumps), SaveGame Manager GX (to rip saves from Wii and install them on vWii), and YAWMM (to install the WADs on vWii). From what I've seen elsewhere on this forum, DLC installation should just...work. Yet it does not. My confusion abounds. Would appreciate assistance.

(Should probably also mention that the WADs work perfectly well in Dolphin.)

Last edited by MegaManTrigger,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to get the DLC for Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 to work in vWii mode. I've exhausted the limits of my admittedly lacking knowledge of vWii installation. I have tried the following:
  • Installing the WADs for 9 and 10, followed by the DLC WADs for 9 and 10. (I've used both obtained-from-the-internet WADs and my own rips from my Wii sans DLC for Mega Man 10, which isn't visible to YABDM.)
  • Installing 9, launching, creating a save file, injecting my Wii save file for 9, launching again to confirm save is good, then installing the DLC WAD for 9.
  • Installing 9, installing the DLC WAD for 9, launching, creating a save file, and injecting my Wii save file on top of it.
  • Searching this forum repeatedly.
I've been employing YABDM (on my Wii, to get the WAD dumps), SaveGame Manager GX (to rip saves from Wii and install them on vWii), and YAWMM (to install the WADs on vWii). From what I've seen elsewhere on this forum, DLC installation should just...work. Yet it does not. My confusion abounds. Would appreciate assistance.
no idea why you are having issues as i simply downloaded the dlc for 9 and 10 off their internet the installed them and they work perfectly fine.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The only reason that could explain it that comes to my mind is that maybe the games and DLC are from different regions
I just read that a way to make it work is having an Internet connection on your vWii and enter the Wii Shop Channel at least once.

Last edited by Chuardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.