Meet PSP Street

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Nov 15, 2011.

1. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    [​IMG]
    It's the WiFi-less PSP model but with an edgy name.

2. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    when i read the title i thought it was an event. turns out it wasjust the E100..something.

3. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    I was hoping this would be about a street where everyone games on a PSP.

2 people like this.
  4. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    I thought it was a new PSP feature.

5. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    "nothing changes but the name.." Does this go hand in hand with the PSP Go in terms of naming?

-Qtis

6. rockstar99
    This message by rockstar99 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Jun 23, 2017.
    Nov 15, 2011
  7. Flame
    This message by Flame has been removed from public view by a moderator, Jun 23, 2017.
    Nov 15, 2011
  8. rockstar99
    This message by rockstar99 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Jun 23, 2017.
    Nov 15, 2011
  9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's already in stores in Poland, so I'm not suprised by the name. The price is actually quite nice, but the lack of Wi-Fi... mmmmyeeeaaah... Not a good buisness decision - it's not THAT expensive to put a Wi-Fi chip on the board. Still, parents and non-technically inclined people or folks who are Forever Alone and have no buddies to play with may buy it. The way I see it though - "Too little, too late". This should've been released ages ago, then it'd sell.

10. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    PSP Shit

Seriously you need wi-fi, this thing is completely useless and a waste, bad business decision, inappropriate cost cutting, and obviously too late.

ABSOLUTE FAIL!!!!

May Keas take a dump on this idea.

11. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    No you don't?
    I've only used Wi-Fi maybe once or twice to check Phantasy Star Portable 2 online out and to play Gods Eater Burst on Ad Hoc Party.

The price for this is nice and the target audience won't really care; seriously the heading says "My First PSP"

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I personally wouldn't want a PSP without Wi-Fi, but that's mainly because I'm using the browser very often (CFW actually makes it fairly usable compared to what OFW offers), but provided that I wasn't... there really isn't that many Wi-Fi games out there for the PSP. The only thing you're really loosing is Ad-Hoc connectivity, which is a shame. It also has only Mono speakers, but on a handheld you mostly use headphones anyways so... not a bad deal, if you can't afford the 3000 model.

13. Prof. 9

Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Isn't the street that public area where you play multiplayer games and connect to hotspots?

Seems kinda silly to name it PSP Street.

2 people like this.
  14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I think they used Street in the "Ghetto" sense.

2 people like this.
  15. Valwin

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico
    well this is lame i was especting something like streetpass o well another nail to the coffing of a death handheld

16. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I use wifi for games,web and the different versions of psp tube.
    Actually I didn't so....a bad deal to me...

A lot of things come to mind when I read the title. Crazy things such as psps in the street or a street name after the psp. :tpi:

17. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Pretty sure it's called "heaven".

Shit marketing though, last thing I associate my PSP with is like Cars and Invizimals. The PSP already has a dug in target audience, especially in Europe (they seem to get a few specialty releases like limited editions and stuff over there for the system) and trying to appeal to a casual audience (with poor casual games, nonetheless) seems like a bad choice.

The console itself looks kinda cool design wise and I never saw WiFi as a necessity on my PSP so I think it's alright on that part.

Seriously though, they really should've tried relaunching the PSP Go. Lower PSN game prices and expand the library, cut the price a lot, and the system might do half decent with a good marketing campaign, especially with this whole "UMD voucher" program.

18. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    If you was especting something like streetpass, you'd be all over Sony saying they copied Nintendo, am I right?

1 person likes this.
  19. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Fanboys: Always complaining, never pleased.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Is this for ten year olds then?

21. junkerde

junkerde Banned

Banned
    Jan 3, 2011
    United States
    do not want.

22. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Now that I think of it, this is sort of mind-boggling how Sony builds a massive Online structure to accomodate the shift from UMD to downloadable content and then cuts all those ties the moment the Go fails. I mean, sure - you can still buy stuff with Media Go!, but it's still a bit over the top to cut ALL Wi-Fi functionality.

If you're making a budget version of a handheld, use cheaper materials, sure, but don't cut essential functionality.

I have a feeling that this will be a "collector's item" sooner than we think, I expect it to fail pretty soon, even it it's a good "Ghetto" deal. People who only want single player might've bought it, but on the brink of Vita's release it's not really plausible.

23. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Seriously? Sony haven't added a new feature to the PSP in 2 or 3 years now. Why would they suddenly start again?