MCinfoDS (DS entry)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ryoushi, May 30, 2011.

May 30, 2011

MCinfoDS (DS entry) by ryoushi at 8:06 PM (1,691 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ryoushi
    OP

Newcomer ryoushi Newbie

Netherlands
    MCinfoDS is a application for the ds with tons of info about minecraft.
    Easy if you do'nt want to switch between minecraft and internet or if you pc can't handle it to play minecraft and load a internet page.

Download
    http://filetrip.net/f25267-MCinfoDS-1-0.html

2. Seaking

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    downloaded it, this is awesome.

but when you scroll with the d-pad you get stuck at the changes in MC 1.6, i cant get past it even using the scroll thing on the side of the touch screen

3. corenting

Member corenting Insert random cool title here

France
    Nice application ! I had the same idea some months ago but I just made a prototype... Your application is a lot better !

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Nice Idea - not tried it (yet) but a question....

[​IMG]

Looking @ (what I assume) the index screen you've got the 'Crafting recipes' option, which I'm guessing only contains info for the plain 'Vanilla' minecraft (I also assume that it shows pictures of the crafting table etc)

Is there a way for people to add info for any MOD's they've installed & if not could it be added.
    Perhaps the additional info could be placed into a folder like '/data/MCinfoDS/' in a form of BBCode like

Code:
    [Crafting Recipes]
    [Wolves Extended]
    [img]/data/MCinfoDS/Pics/ClothingWorkbench.bmp[/img]
    Description=Creates a workbench to allow you to make clothing for your wolves
    where
    • [Crafting Recipes] is the section it appears in
      [Wolves Extended] is a sub category
      [ img ][ /img ] is where to find the required graphic
      'Description=' is some basic text that is shown with the graphic

5. ryoushi
    OP

Newcomer ryoushi Newbie

Netherlands
    Hmm, this is something I need to try implementing, I mean, I have thought of this myself a couple of weeks ago, but forgot about it for no reason:P

6. Makar

Member Makar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If it's not already on there, how about adding support for info for popular minecraft mods?

EDIT: oops, didn't see CannonFoddr's post

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    @ ryoushi: Not sure how you would go about implementing the 'additional info' but (if I could program) here's how I would attempt it

[*] Firstly, I would have the NDS file to be just a 'simple' page loader/viewer & have all the different info on separate 'text' files -
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    [*] The NDS file would have 1 button for each sub-folder (a bit like what you have already) & clicking on the button would load in a 'text' file inside that folder e.g you click on the {Mobs} button & it'll load in '/mobs/index.txt' folder

[*] The NDS file will then look @ the text file for 'image tags' (perhaps like [ img ]creeper.bmp[ /img ]) & load graphics from the appropriate folder (so in my example it would load in '/mob/creeper.bmp')

[*] Then the NDS will display the text/graphics in a scrollable list similar to what you have now

By having the plain 'text files with image tags' means that anyone can edit the existing files for whatever MODS they have installed...
    (in fact - these could be 'posted' for download & anyone else who wants them can just 'copy/paste' it into the existing 'text' files)

Still - it IS up to you how you'd do it - this is just my suggestion [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: Actually - if you made the program this way & you're clever enough to get the NDS menu buttons to 'read' the name of the sub-folders to use them for the button labels - this program could be used for anything, not just Minecraft.
    True, it'll still have the Minecraft menu/background graphics - unless you made THAT skinnable [​IMG]