Gaming Maybe getting a PSP

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I might be getting a new PSP and I am COMPLETELY new to it. Which model should I get? 1000? 2000? 3000? Please give me a reason on what model should I get... How to crack it so I can play backups etc? Thanks!

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Should be in the PsP section shouldn't it?

Oh well. I say get Phat for easy hacking. As phat psp are 100% hackable. The 3000 is something you just ignore. Useless. If you can get a PSP 2000 that is on or under firmware 5.03 then it should also be easy to hack.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, the reason you should get a psp2000 is because it's softmoddable. While the psp1000 will look big, the 3000 won't be hackable. So yeah.
Don't EVER, get a 3000 like me T____T

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1000: big, has an infra-red(so it can be turned into a universal remote for your TV with homebrew) 32MB RAM, can always be hacked.
2000: half the thickness of 1000, no longer has infrared but TV-out and 64MB RAM instead(increases umd loading, allows for howebrew to enable a form of multi-tasking, and improves emulator performance), old ones can be hacked freely, newer models below or on 5.03OFW can only be modded temporarily with a 5.03CFW(mod is undone upon power-off but standby has almost no power drain)
3000: improved screen, better TV-out, relabeled home button, can only be temporarily modded on CFW 5.03 and below.

my advice, get an old 2000 you know came originally with a FW below 4.00, or get a 1000.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your interested in emulators dont get the 1000 because the d-pad is possibly the worst d-pad in history, while on the other hand the 2000 has a really good d-pad.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Man. I bought PSP this year and is the WORST console I bought in my life. I only use emulators. The games are so boring (except great games by Capcom, Konami of Square-Enix).

I will sell this piece of shit.

RyuKisargi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a 2000 used from Gamestop, it's usually going to be 6.20 OFW, I know all the ones at mine were.

I updated to 6.31, and it was still hackable.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyuKisargi said:
If you get a 2000 used from Gamestop, it's usually going to be 6.20 OFW, I know all the ones at mine were.

I updated to 6.31, and it was still hackable.
depending on what mobo you have then yea.. no durr

RyuKisargi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pandoras are made either by hardmodding it with a pencil and some cutting tools, or by softmodding it with VSH Menu. The latter requires an already-modded PSP.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Juanmatron said:
Man. I bought PSP this year and is the WORST console I bought in my life. I only use emulators. The games are so boring (except great games by Capcom, Konami of Square-Enix).

What does this have to do with the topic again?

On topic thedicemaster's post-
http://gbatemp.net/t249438-maybe-getting-a...p;#entry3060440

If you're not sure what FW your 2000 will come with, it's better to go with the 1000 (Phat).

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
RyuKisargi said:
Pandoras are made either by hardmodding it with a pencil and some cutting tools, or by softmodding it with VSH Menu. The latter requires an already-modded PSP.

i'm sorry if this might sound a bit off topic, but to softmod do you just press Make Pandora Battery and then to get it back to normal press Make Normal Battery? Might sound a bit of a no sh*t but it seems a bit too easy
blink.gif

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Raiser said:
Juanmatron said:

If you're not sure what FW your 2000 will come with, it's better to go with the 1000 (Phat).

He says "Maybe getting a PSP" no "I get PSP".

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Juanmatron said:
Raiser said:
Juanmatron said:

He said "Maybe getting a PSP" not "I got PSP".
Fixed.
I think Raiser means that you just gave your opinion on the handheld and not an answer to what he asked.

OT: I suggest you get a PSP 2000, the first batch is fully hackable, all you need is a memory stick and a USB cable, install and then install CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.