Maxplay Adapter

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by KingVamp, Apr 16, 2013.

Apr 16, 2013

Maxplay Adapter by KingVamp at 10:24 PM (2,229 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. KingVamp
    OP

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    :arrow:Source

This has been done before,but this company is making it official and it seems like an easier setup.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Playing the Wii U in the car? What could possibly go wrong?

-Lucario

3. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Didn't your family ever take you as a child on long cross country trips? Granted we flew on most of these, but there were plenty we took where we drove, and I had to play my old Gameboy or Game Gear all the while. Would have loved a Wii U for such a trip.

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    A gameboy is one thing, it's actually meant to be portable. Putting a Wii U in a car is a bad idea because home consoles weren't meant to be portable. One good bump on the road and there goes the disks. Now yeah you can use downloaded one, but still my point is more about the disks.

Not to mention with so many portable systems, I really don't see the point in putting a Wii U in a car or really any home console, it just seems like a bad idea.

Also I mostly read books or listened to music when I went on long road trips. I didn't really enjoy using my gameboy in the car, that's just me personally.

5. duffmmann

United States
    I dunno, we used to also bring in a small tv (that could plug in a cigarette lighter) and the SNES and there was never any problem with that. And there were plenty of bumps on very long rides.

6. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    So... it's a power adapter. That's it. Erm... You could pretty much make one yourself with next to no effort. :tpi:

I get the whole excitement but this reminds me of Xzibit and "Pimp my Ride" an awful lot - I remember that they've integrated quite a few video game systems in the cars they modified.

DinohScene likes this.
  7. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    That's a SNES, you could throw your SNES out the window and it would be fine. Hell mine lived through a house fire with some minor smoke damage. You can't compare a SNES to a Wii U.

8. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Cartridges were one thing. Spinning discs are another.

gamefan5 and The Catboy like this.
  9. duffmmann

United States
    My car has a cd player.

If you find a way to hold down the Wii U (really wouldn't be that hard), then it would really be the same principle. My point is, I think if handled properly a child could really benefit from this thing on a long trip.

10. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Guys? Do you not remember Discman? You can travel with disc reading hardware, it's just not recommended. :P Plus, you can use a hard drive, internal storage or an SD. ;)

11. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Good news:

Great for two adults on the long trip.

Bad news:

I do not like the idea for one reason.. Target for the kids by Parents that will use this device to the child to keep her/him busy.

For me, I love to spend time with a child instead because a child need plenty of attention and love. Many parents always use things for kids to use to keep them busy to keep parents away. Sadly.

12. duffmmann
    This message by duffmmann has been removed from public view by GeekyGuy, Apr 17, 2013, Reason: Trash.
    Apr 16, 2013
  13. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    the snes doesnt use gravity to keep a disc from speed wobbling to oblivion and scratching the shit out of and ruining a game media.

14. duffmmann

United States
    Again, I'll quote myself:

"My car has a cd player.

If you find a way to hold down the Wii U (really wouldn't be that hard), then it would really be the same principle. My point is, I think if handled properly a child could really benefit from this thing on a long trip." With little to no damage to the disc or Wii U. Now granted if you just throw the thing in the car, you're asking for problems. But take some time to make a safe and sturdy setup for the thing and it should be fine.

15. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    I wonder how well the WiiU can handle bumps and bangs I doubt it was designed with this in mind. Probably mounting it with some kind of shock absorbers would be ideal.

16. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    now your playing with power!

nukeboy95 likes this.
  17. nukeboy95

Member nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

United States
    POWER ABUSE

18. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    well everyone always wanted their wiiu to be smokin hot :creep:

19. blaisedinsd

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The CD player in your car is designed to be in a car. When they first came out they used to skip a ton with bumps and what not but technology advanced and basically completely overcame the problem. I do not think the Wii U would include such technology since it is not designed to work flawlessly in a car.

It would probably be fine but then again there could be issues.

It is weird that it spins discs all the time when inserted and not actually playing the game but the Wii U does not generate much heat at all in my experience. The 360 seems like you could use it as a space heater in comparison.

DiscostewSM likes this.
  20. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You can hold down the Wii U all you want, but that won't stop the mechanical components inside the disc drive from flopping around. Unless the drive was designed to take such bumps and vibrations from a normal road trip, spinning a disc in it while under such conditions would not be wise. So, we'd have to find out who manufactures the drive, and get specifics on it.

Of course, if you went all digital and had an external storage medium that could handle the bumps, then that would be something.

21. Slartibartfast42

Member Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nah man, this is what a 3DS is for. When would I get to play my 3DS if it weren't for trips like that?