Max Payne 4? No, they'll be remaking the first two.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://investors.remedygames.com/a...-rockstar-games-for-new-max-payne-12-project/

The PS3/360 era received a lot of HD remasters of games which were only available in standard definition previously so that was great, but then the next generation arrived and remakes have became the standard somehow. :-/

Max Payne 1-3 are fantastic as it is, so logically I as an enthusiastic fan have been hoping for a 4th game.. yeah, np, doesn't seem like it's happening.

Rockstar says MP ended with the third game, yet they don't mind milking it.

https://www.svg.com/128285/why-rockstar-wont-release-max-payne-4/

Seems like publishers and developers these days are more keen on remaking old games than original, creative, brand new games (and this goes for movies and shows, too).

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Modern rockstar would not make MP justice, they already didn't once, and they were a better shape back when.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Max Payne 3 was rather mediocre in my opinion. I don't think it was a bad game, but a bad Max Payne game.
I wouldn't want MP4 to be made by Rockstar again, at least not if Remedy isn't going to be involved. MP's charme came from it being a gritty story about a New York detective, not a bald drug addict in Brazil.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given the site's name I do have to suggest people check out the GBA game. It is a fantastic port/conversion. https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-recommends-max-payne-advance.129523/

As far as remaking the first two... I can see it, especially the first. I doubt they will capture the charm but then again I doubted 3 would either and I can definitely respect it -- unlike most modern games it kept my attention and chimed well with the earlier games that I adored (granted I did 2 then 1).

Modern Rockstar I might doubt following the GTA remaster and all the nonsense they have since engaged in since but modern Remedy if they were given it back to work on I could see as they pulled off Alan Wake well enough.

As far as sequel not being merited by the story then yeah the only things I could see is Max Payne being an NPC/playable sections, or they do some kind of prequel... 1998 being the first game and him in his mid 30s then at best they can't quite do 70s New York if doing typical timeframe for old school New York crime drama (thinking something like Q - The Winged Serpent) but something could still get done (Joker was 80s New York after all and that worked well, and could probably do crack as well for the driving force).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given the site's name I do have to suggest people check out the GBA game. It is a fantastic port/conversion. https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-recommends-max-payne-advance.129523/

As far as remaking the first two... I can see it, especially the first. I doubt they will capture the charm but then again I doubted 3 would either and I can definitely respect it -- unlike most modern games it kept my attention and chimed well with the earlier games that I adored (granted I did 2 then 1).

Modern Rockstar I might doubt following the GTA remaster and all the nonsense they have since engaged in since but modern Remedy if they were given it back to work on I could see as they pulled off Alan Wake well enough.

As far as sequel not being merited by the story then yeah the only things I could see is Max Payne being an NPC/playable sections, or they do some kind of prequel... 1998 being the first game and him in his mid 30s then at best they can't quite do 70s New York if doing typical timeframe for old school New York crime drama (thinking something like Q - The Winged Serpent) but something could still get done (Joker was 80s New York after all and that worked well, and could probably do crack as well for the driving force).
I used to play Max Payne GBA and oh, man, that game was so much fun and weirdly bloody violent for a Nintendo console. 😆

ld4DPiN.jpg

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- this was announced ages ago
- rockstar isnt making them, the original studio remedy is
- the originals didnt age well, especially on consoles. they very much feel like pc games of the late 90s/early 00s

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- this was announced ages ago
- rockstar isnt making them, the original studio remedy is
- the originals didnt age well, especially on consoles. they very much feel like pc games of the late 90s/early 00s
Rockstar isn't making, but they'll be the publisher.

Also, this isn't 4chan or whatever to write in that format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.