Hacking Max. Partition Size for WBFS

kalhua

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read various statements regarding the maximum size of a WBFS partition and the amount of games that can be displayed in a loader but I am uncertain if the comments are current.

If the iso's are loaded onto the drive using a PC is there a limit to the size?

Do loaders have a limit as to how large the WBFS partition can be?

I have read there is a 500 game limit for loaders, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for you help!

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
im useing seagate free agent 1tb drive, formated WBFS size is 933gb. have got 333 games on it an they have used 631gb.
i use WBFS manager 3.0 on my pc to install them onto the drive, then i use the Configurable USB Loader to play them on my wii.
hope this helps

kalhua

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input. Has anyone tried bigger than 1 gig or is it useless due to a maximum game restriction?

Thanks

kalhua

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops.... I meant larger than 1 TB. I have 1.5 TB drive and wondering if it is worth make a WBFS larger than 1 TB.

Thanks

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some larger than 1tb, and they work just the same (1.5tb Seagates.) For me, the average size on games is just under 2gigs a pop. That's a lot of games required to fill a 1tb drive, so if the large size is worth it or not is another question.

the real SUX2BU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aardvarks said:
you got more than 333 games?
I have 340.
yay.gif

al26105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you say is the biggest size you partitioned for the 1.5tb seagate? I have tried to size it bigger than 500 then the WBFS manager errors out?

hollyw00dc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
I have over 500 games for wii & there does apear to be a 500 game limit to wbsf manager. Also, contrary to what i have read, if you make to seperate partitions on you drive usb loader will not recognize the second partition. So far anyway, which sucks cause i have another 50 games on my PC hard drive eating up space. I have a seagate freeagent 2TB drive formatted to wbsf with 500 games only half full. WBSF manager will not allow me to load any more games, despite the free space.

I would love a solution for this issue myself.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hollyw00dc said:
hello,
I have over 500 games for wii & there does apear to be a 500 game limit to wbsf manager. Also, contrary to what i have read, if you make to seperate partitions on you drive usb loader will not recognize the second partition. So far anyway, which sucks cause i have another 50 games on my PC hard drive eating up space. I have a seagate freeagent 2TB drive formatted to wbsf with 500 games only half full. WBSF manager will not allow me to load any more games, despite the free space.

have you tried wii backup manager for windows 1 of the earlier versions as wbfs format doesn't work with recent versions

jerrylstrong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hollyw00dc said:
hello,

hey can you pleaseeeee help me i cant format my 1.5 TB seagate free agent to wbfs can you tell me how you formatted yours?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
Just format it FAT32, dont waste your time with WBFS.

Its not needed any more.

You just need a recent version of your USB loader, and Hermes V4 or better CIOS222/223, and/or Wanikokos V19 of CIOS249.

To format a large disk in Windoze as FAT32, use this:- http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
since the thread has been necro'd I'll ask here.... any idea if the backup managers do now or will in the near future support exFAT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up