Hardware Max O3DS sd card size?

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i need a new sd card for my 3DS it's damaged i was wondering what's the max size the o3DS can handle since i do need to get a new one. i apologize if there's already a thread with this info

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well people have used 128gb cards in their 3ds and probably 200gb cards work too.

but you need to fill your card with about 30-60gb of stuff on the 128gb card if you gonna use it from Blank and then install stuff, this is because the 3ds gets funyy reading the card if too much space is free

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend nothing larger than 128gb, do you really need more than that? (Most games don't even kick over 2gb, most are ~1gb)
To answer your question, any SDHC compatible SD card OR microsd card with the proper SDHC adapter will work.
I personally prefer write speeds over space.

Welcius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 64GB microSD and lots and lots of games, and I have extra space available. I don't think more space it's necessary (also I've read somewhere that you can only install up to 300 titles)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
64 GB should be enough for what the 3DS has to offer, they average about 1GB each. But if you want a lot of space to try out games or future proofing 128 GB is more than enough. Still I think 64 GB is the perfect size.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow! Complete rom sets. That's a lot of games you're never going to play. I used to think that way too. Until I realized, it's just not practical. I never owned a 128gb card. It would be cool to own one though for wii u or android. hahaha.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back