Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Matrix was a somewhat popular 1999 sci-fi action movie. It introduced some hitherto obscure concepts to the general populace, such as "simulation universe", "virtual reality" and "computers". It also took the credit for inventing bullet time. It was relatively well received, but no sequels were ever made.

No. Sequels. Were. Made. :mellow:

Until now.

Here's a teaser for the trailer for the trailer for the Matrix: Resurrections:

Hype? Doubt? Thoughts? Red pill? Blue pill? Tic Tac?

Full trailer up:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but no sequels were ever made.

No. Sequels. Were. Made. :mellow:

Hype? Doubt? Thoughts? Red pill? Blue pill? Tic Tac?
Not even the animatrix?

Anyway looks like a TV show with a decent budget more than CGI/filmmaking tour de force from that for me.
Could still be good though, will want to see the full trailer though as that did very little for me as far as hype - no intriguing ideas, no real concern for what happened next, no return of villain/new big bad. Could almost say soft reboot.

Reactions: CoolMe

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm old enough to remember the Matrix premiere way back in 1999... but not enough to take the Blue Pill yet.
ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

I know you guys get excited just thinking about taking the blue pill once again.
ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's difficult to believe this won't be horrible, but I guess it's possible.
So in the years since barring some games (and there is a reason nobody talks much about those. Though I will brand myself a heretic by saying I actually liked enter the matrix, and if we are talking sequel/interquel to the matrix then there is something there).

Cloud Atlas.
Once people got over "OMG actors wear makeup to look like different people" we got a mediocre.

Speed Racer... if anybody went more than "oh that" or "I liked the cartoon back when" then I accuse them of lying.

Sense8
Only saw the first series. I have seen better shared consciousness (spoiler by the way) stories, including throwaway episodes of Star Trek Voyager, but had some interesting ideas, some nice locations, reasonably consistent internal logic, even if I can't remember the names I can remember the characters and this is some 6 years later...

Apparently helped write the screenplay for V for Vendetta. I never read the graphic novel but I don't have a hard time believing that was 10x better than the film, which largely fell down on the writing (action was fine, acting was fine, sets were good...).

Jupiter Ascending
Oh dear. Spawned its own cottage industry of video essays covering why it is so bad.

Also the last film that was directed (Sense8 came after though). It is not the sort of stinker you want to have after this many years and work under the belt.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the trailer feels so weird and low budget. i dont get matrix feelings at all
Holy shit! Carrie Ann has preserved herself real good.
Either that or she's being deep faked.
Also can't help but feel bothered that Laurence Fishburn isn't there. Maybe producers didn't reached the price?
I second the lack of agent Smith :unsure:

Inb4 Fast's "Movie Trailer, so song"

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Speed Racer... if anybody went more than "oh that" or "I liked the cartoon back when" then I accuse them of lying.
I enjoyed the movie. I saw it in the theater on a whim, saw the poster and said "why not"; I had no expectations and was really pleasantly surprised. It's visually spectacular, looks great on the big screen, I really liked the hyperstylized action, and I also appreciate that it was completely genuine, no matter how completely ridiculous the setting and plot were, the movie was not campy or self-aware (or self-parodying). For some reason it worked for me.

Jupiter Ascending
Oh dear. Spawned its own cottage industry of video essays covering why it is so bad.
Video essays claiming stuff is bad are a dime a dozen, you can find them for any given movie. And they are for the most part so lazy and low-effort, there's a cottage industry of "everything wrong with 'Everything wrong with' " videos. So yeah :P

Anyway, you just have to read the intro to know exactly what you're in for with Jupiter Ascending: the main character is a former special forces soldier, genetically enhanced with wolf DNA, and he used to have wings but they were cut off so now he's a brooding literally fallen angel ninja with a murky past [*rollerblades behind you* "Heh nothing personell kid" ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL]. This sets the tone and mind frame for the entire movie perfectly. It's an (again, visually impressive at the time) romp through every 80s anime cliche, written by a huge giant weeb, with beautiful scenery that gets magnificently chewed on by the actors, and then blown up.

Anyway, back to the Matrix; full trailer up:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: