Gaming Massive Augmented Reality Mii Created

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw this on Nintendo3DSblog (I think. Maybe somewhere else).

I can't wait for my AR shirt to arrive.
yaynds.gif

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
tyrran said:
Slyakin said:
Oh yeah, I saw this on Kotaku. I love this! It's sad that the statue got destroyed in the big earthquake/tsunami...
frown.gif

...what? Like, did you even bother looking up where Kobe was or where the earthquake hit, or did you just assume everything in Japan is gone now? There was an earthquake in Kobe, yes, in 1995, and this statue was built afterwards (1999), but this past event didn't affect Kobe in the slightest.
I know that this is probably an innocent mistake, but this is what seriously pisses me off. People aren't even bothering to look up information after they've heard it. You know what I had some guy tell me? "I heard Tokyo is gone now. Like, just gone. It was that bad." And this was five hours after the quake. Five goddamn hours.
Jesus monkey Christ, PLEASE do a little research before assuming the worst.
Whoa whoa, calm down. Sorry. Should I kneel down and kiss your feet? Or maybe I should lift you to your gigantic throne of the internet?

I made a mistake. Too bad. Take your heart attack elsewhere.

Oi, I'm looking now and I see that I did overreact. I'm sorry man, that was a bit out of line. It's just been a rough and relatively stupid week of everyone screaming about what the earthquake did and didn't do. I've got enough family and friends in Nihon to keep me on edge with the real news, so when the speculative stuff crops up, it really jumps on a nerve.
Seriously, sorry.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Xuphor said:
Print it on regular paper, not the card material stuff itself. Only add tape on the edges to attach it to the cardboard cutout. That makes it not shiny at all.
It's not that shiny.
Just gives off a slight gleam when a torch is shone on it.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like they put a lot of work into getting that giant card looking just right, colouring in all the gaps with pens and everything.

I wonder just how exact the card has to be for it to work. I know the Eye of Judgement AR cards for the PS3 could be duplicated just by drawing the symbols by hand.
I suspect that with the character cards the 3DS is actually just reading the shapes made by the parts of the hexagon that aren't blocked by the characters.
I'll do some experiments in that area once I get my 3DS on the 31st if someone else doesn't do it before then.

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
spiritofcat said:
Looks like they put a lot of work into getting that giant card looking just right, colouring in all the gaps with pens and everything.

I wonder just how exact the card has to be for it to work. I know the Eye of Judgement AR cards for the PS3 could be duplicated just by drawing the symbols by hand.
I suspect that with the character cards the 3DS is actually just reading the shapes made by the parts of the hexagon that aren't blocked by the characters.
I'll do some experiments in that area once I get my 3DS on the 31st if someone else doesn't do it before then.
great, don't forget to post results here
smile.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
KingVamp said:
Wizzerzak said:
they went to all that effort? With that end result they might have well just photoshopped it.
It not the same... Also they should have painted or something to the/on the ground.
tongue.gif

huh? the/on the ground? what u mean?
Some how make the material stay in one place or paint/draw the symbol on the ground.

Forget "to the" >.>

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
they went to all that effort? With that end result they might have well just photoshopped it.
Yeah, what you see here on the internet is no better than if they had photoshopped it, but remember that on the 3DS the photo is in 3D. Good luck photoshopping that!

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to print of the template that someone linked on the first page, and the result was a Mii that was roughly the size of an eight year old child, which was hilarious to be able to place around my office. I really like the fact that the Miis scale based on the card size, and I hope we see more stunts like the one they did with Tetsujin.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm I'm not sure if this has been answered but...

If I were to have the AR Card opened as a pic on the laptop (filling it) with the laptop screen layed out, would it still work or must it be only on paper for some reason....?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Hmmmm I'm not sure if this has been answered but...

If I were to have the AR Card opened as a pic on the laptop (filling it) with the laptop screen layed out, would it still work or must it be only on paper for some reason....?
It has been shown to work.

D

Deleted-273695

Damn! I love that they took the time to make it, that would've been boring to make :/

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ihackedit said:
Damn! I love that they took the time to make it, that would've been boring to make :/
why would it be boring, just try focusing on the end result and you'll be there in no-time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since