Mass Effect Questions

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by juggernaut911, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

Mass Effect Questions by juggernaut911 at 10:16 PM (684 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. juggernaut911
    OP

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Okay so I want to buy ME but I heard that the activation sucks. Can some clear this up for me because I heard that you need to connect every 10 days then there is a new method where you can only install 3 times but you don't need to connect.

Can someone clear this up for me, really confused!!

Juggy

2. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
  3. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    The EA titles are DRM free? Lovely, it may be worth picking up Mass Effect to play through again.
    [​IMG] Gotta love Steam!

EDIT: Just realised Steam haven't released the EA library in the UK (and Japan, but everywhere else) yet due to some problems they need to sort out with EA. Garrr, hope they come out before the sale ends so I can grab Spore and Mass Effect on the cheap :\.

4. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes, the retail copy has 3 activations with NO deactivations available. Combat piracy by punishing the people who actually purchase the product.

It's one more thing I add to the list of reasons I don't like Bioware or their games(I refuse to even pirate Sonic Chronicles, FWIW).

5. juggernaut911
    OP

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Diosoth: I read that if you need another, just call and they reset the count to 2 installs.

Pretty sweet game so far!!