Mario

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Raziel5000, Nov 8, 2008.

Nov 8, 2008

Mario by Raziel5000 at 1:58 PM (1,045 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Raziel5000
    OP

Member Raziel5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    anyone mess with the Mario Rom Pack Compilation for the wii? it has like every mario game from previous consoles, i can't seem to get it to work.

2. gundalf

Member gundalf GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Congrats for the best Topic name [​IMG]

3. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    ^lol^

@ op: never heard f it [​IMG]

4. Nuke85

Member Nuke85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]

? I dunno should be easy to work with, just like any other SNES game.

5. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    I've not used that particualr one, but have made several of my own over time, and yes a few were mario ones, they included copies of my gamecube games too.
    I made sonic ones with genesis emulators, and zelda ones etc etc.
    Mine needed you to select TV type by pressing either Y,X,B or A as promted to do so by GCOS.
    The one your refering too may be the saem, or perhaps your trying to play a game from the wrong region, could be many things, you haven't gave enough details for me to do anything other thas guess.

I guess this will be the same thing as mine minus the GC isos, so they will be emulators, GBA, Snes, Nes etc made into a "multi disc".

You just launch this, using a mod chip etc to play. I dont think this will be supported by the loaders for a while.
    If you like the idea of these, go do some reading on how to make emulators dvds, and how to make GCOS multis, then you can make all your own custom dvds. I even made a few that used a GC media player to play some zelda and mario episodes too, making life easy for my kids to find stuff, all together.

imo tho, this is really old these days, and your better with 1 SD card and store roms etc there.

If your still sold on the idea of having things on a DVD then you need to get the emulators you require, and the roms etc. Google for a tool to make the emulator with roms a .iso (soz been a long time), sure someone will put me right.
    Might be........
    GC-Tool 1.20 beta
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=894

If you are doing N64, then you need to get the emulator from the Zelda bonus DVD, the one with ocarina of time on it for GameCube. You can open that and change the rom for another, but only around 20 work.

Once you have several .iso's get something like:
    GCMUtility0.5
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=633
    To make the .iso's one to burn.

If you want vids, you needs an app called MFE player, if I remember right.

If your adding GC games, then you need to shrink them with GCMU, and some have audio probs on some setups, a couple have save corruption problems if shrunk, but 99% are fine. You will be amazed at HOW MUCH can be put one 1 DVD.

Hope this points you in the right direction, sorry for being vague been a long time from I made multi's.

6. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Injecting that rom into Donkey Kong Country Channel works fine. There is a custom WAD on the Internet which requires 'WAD MANGER 1.3' to install it.

7. Slimmmmmm

United Kingdom
    He is refering to an iso that is floating about on some sites, not a channel.

It's more or less a gcos multi, with various emulator images, nes, snes, gb,gbc,gba,N64, with only mario games, all wrapped up into 1 payable DVD.

8. Raziel5000
    OP

Member Raziel5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol i know the name must have been misleading, sorry. yeah i am talking about the compilation of about 40 mario games on the playable dvd for the wii. i can't figure out what to use to play it, and everywhere i look to find the iso, noone gives playing instructions. they get lots of thanks for the iso, i wonder how many have played it. i tried to use GC loader but not sure if i can just run the .dol or if i need to patch some things.

Edit: I can just deal with my emus/roms on my SD card if i wanna flashback in time with the oldies lol. lets just let this thread die lol

9. Slimmmmmm

United Kingdom
    If you give me more info I can help, you say a dol?
    Was it not an iso you got?
    What are the "newest" games on it, Cube, N64 titles, or snes etc.

I am guessing it's an iso, if it is you just burn it with imgburn or similar and play it on a chipped wii, in gamecube mode.

*EDIT, good choice the SD card is more flexible imo.