Mario Party 10

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Dec 29, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    This could be a lot of fun it it has online play.​

2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I still need to get 9 I think. Forgot about these. The boys seemed to enjoy 8.

3. styckx

styckx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    Insta buy.. Looks fantastic.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    You know it won't have online play. They never do.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Looks crap just like 9. I wish they would bring back the old style of Mario Party.
    It's even more luck based than it used to be. There's not a single thing I liked about 9. The minigames, the way movement works, the way the stages are designed and the way you win all suck.

Mario92 and Madridi like this.
  6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    There was exactly one thing I really liked about Mario Party 9. Reverse minigames, where the objective is to do the worst. Too bad they almost never showed up.

7. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    All players move all at once through the board in a vehicle? No buy.

Wii Party U is a very decent game. If they added more boards to that game and update the minigame selection, it'd be GOTY. I'm serious. (I bought my Wii U two weeks prior to the PS4 release, why? I read the news that Wii U sales skyrocketed in Japan because of Wii Party U. It's that good.)

8. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    No online? NO BUY!

shinkodachi likes this.
  9. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Nintendo needs to adapt to the modern standards of gaming and with that comes online play, so if this doesn't have online play then I'll probably just skip it.

cvskid likes this.
  10. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    This.

Nintendo makes excellent multiplayer games. They have hands down the best experience for games which you can play with your friends, family, boy/girlfriend, etc. on the same couch. When it comes to playing against someone who's not in the same room, things become entirely different. Online multiplayer on Nintendo consoles sucks. I haven't seen / played / experienced a title that proved otherwise. I'm having high hopes for Splatoon, as it may just be the first Nintendo title to prove me wrong regarding online support.

11. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    This..

Word by word

12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    not getting it unless it has online play this time.

13. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Why can't they simply include that all-players-move-at-the-same-time thingy as extra mode? After all, moving on board is seperate thing from main mini games and minigames are the one taking most dev time I would assume.

Also they have freaking camera and microphone on gamepad. Online mode would be no brainer or are they afraid of pedophiles for the rest of their lives so they don't want any interaction with players trough internet? Only time that camera was used was on Nintendo Land.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  14. an07her

an07her GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    If they don't implement online, I wont be buying it. Game looks fun but when you don't have anyone to play with in your house, what? Play alone vs CPU? Nope.

15. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    or when you keep beating everyone in your house and they wont play you anymore :creep:

shinkodachi and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  16. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth

I always think Nintendo figure that mario party will have lots of rage-quit disconnects ruining the game and causing fights and thus want everyone happy. Still, they need to get with the times and remember that some people still do have actual friends and wanna play with them online, not just randoms.

Also off topic: Take me off your ignore/block list. I tried inviting you to smash bros U the other night but i couldnt because gbatemp wouldnt let me send you a message. I figure you ignored me ages ago over something i must of said but since you added me on wii-u i assume you're over it now lol

17. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I don't have anyone on my block/ignore list, I never get any notifications at all of anyone wanting to invite me for a game session or such.

I remember playing online on my 360 and it was way better than on the Wii U, online voice chat, notifications actually appearing and messages without the need to be friends with the other user. Nintendo's online play services are really shitty. :-/

18. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth

I ment here, on the forum. not on wii-u. Check my profile to see if im on your ignore list lol also come to the shoutbox again, eaiser to talk there without sabotaging a legitimate topic with off-topic chat. I only quoted you coz i knew you'd check this lol

19. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Hm, I don't have anyone on my ignore list on GBATemp. Dunno what's going on.

[​IMG]

20. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Is anyone else bothered by how little we know about Mario Party 10? I remember Nintendo talking a lot about Mario Party: Island Tour for 3DS, but this game seems to have been demoted to second rate status, since even Nintendo doesn't care about it. I remember that Mario Party 10 wasn't properly announced at E3. It was a surprise tweet from Nintendo, it felt kind of like the game was "leaked" more than announced. They did show gameplay (very minimal) at the Treehouse event, and basically all we know about it is that it'll have a Bowser Party mode where one player plays as Bowser and others drive around in the vehicle. I kind of get the idea for having asymmetric gameplay, but what I saw at Treehouse was so bland and the Bowser minigames sucked.

Nintendo 64 Mario Party games were magical, especially the third game. I wish they released a Master Chief Collection or Anthology or whatever. Oh yeah, I forgot Nintendo did stuff like that. (It'd make so much sense if they even bothered...!)