Misc Mario Kart Wii Issues

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My girlfriend and I got a second Wii (mostly for her to play), so that we can both play diff. games at the same time.

Yesterday, it was working fine. (WiFi on Mario Kart Wii.) Now, today, she tries ,and she's been having a lot of issues.

1) The game froze right after choosing 1 Player (WiFi)
2) After getting past that (by resetting the Wii), she played a game, and it literally just froze in the middle of an online match.
3) She tried again, same problem, but this time, the Wii Remote continuously kept vibrating, and wouldn't stop.
4) She was watching others play, waiting for her turn, and sure enough, everyone stopped moving and the music stopped, but the time kept going and you could see Petey Pirannah Moving (it was Waluigi's Stadium).

As of this moment, she is currently playing a match and it's working just fine.*

One thing I would LIKE to point out, is when she had most of these issues (Save for the 4th one), I was in the other room playing Call of Duty: Black Ops ALSO on WiFi, with voice chat, and 10 players in a match. Could that have something to do with it? If so, that would really suck, haha.

*(I would like to mention that the match shes currently playing online with zero issues, I am NOT playing Black Ops online.)*

Anyway, thanks in advance for any of your help.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Not quite sure if Nintendo has such a thing, but there might be a possibility that it is preventing two different consoles sign on to the Nintendo WFC through the same IP address. I haven't had any problems with Mario Kart Wii online, ever, (best online game for Wii in my opinion), so I doubt it's an issue with the game itself. Having a hacked Wii also doesn't have a factor, most hacked games work fine online and you won't get detected unless you use Ocarina cheat codes.

Mestizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Not quite sure if Nintendo has such a thing, but there might be a possibility that it is preventing two different consoles sign on to the Nintendo WFC through the same IP address. I haven't had any problems with Mario Kart Wii online, ever, (best online game for Wii in my opinion), so I doubt it's an issue with the game itself. Having a hacked Wii also doesn't have a factor, most hacked games work fine online and you won't get detected unless you use Ocarina cheat codes.

I doubt this is the case. I have 2 Wiis in my house (one for me, and the other for my sister, who mostly uses it for Netflix). Me and her watched different things on Netflix on our Wiis at the same time, and the only ill effect that occured was the modem's signal was knocked out one night. Most likely it was either a random glitch with the game, or a hardware problem, if it's exclusive to that one system. Try playing it on the other Wii and, if it runs perfectly, then it's possibly a hardware issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo