Gaming Mario Kart DS

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, definitely the best game of the Mario Kart series! I've only played a few hours so far but I'm so impressed. The graphics are great too.
bow.gif

I wish I could get the online working, I think my router is having issues.
wtf.gif

REL1203

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I just got this yesterday, and went online to see how that worked. Well, I searched Worldwide and it took like 5minutes to find one person... Is that normal?

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would race you guys if I could get the damn thing to work. I already changed my router security to WEP which it demanded. One time out of all the times I've tried, I got it to connect, and then it just disconnected right away as soon as I told it to find some players. The signal bars are always green. I'm pretty certain it's a problem with the router, but it's so frustrating that I've been avoiding it and just playing by myself. This Mario Kart is pretty hard!

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

El Diablo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
z7.invisionfree.com
XP
Country

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the Nintendo Wifi Connection sucks in general...I really hope it'll work better on the Wii, or in later WiFi enabled DS games...

Mario Kart DS has the worst online mode I've ever seen...12 tracks are completely missing, most of them for no reason...if one player leaves the game, the game will stop and bring you back to the main WFC menu...noobs cry if you win a race by snaking... it takes ages to find players online and start a game...I stopped playing online shortly after I got the game...in fact, I don't play the game at all anymore, because MKDD is better (and if you don't like MKDD, MK64 is still better)

I wonder why Nintendo didn't just use the same online system PC games have been using for 8 years, which work perfectly

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played MK DS with some friends through friend codes and it was pretty sweet. I'm having trouble getting gold in 150cc Special Cup, I keep on getting silver dammit. Do you really get 7 different karts for each character or is it just reused karts that have already been unlocked?

Aw lame, I just unlocked it and they're all old karts. Except that robbie one I guess. But it's crappy.
cry.gif

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the Nintendo Wifi Connection sucks in general...I really hope it'll work better on the Wii, or in later WiFi enabled DS games...

Mario Kart DS has the worst online mode I've ever seen...12 tracks are completely missing, most of them for no reason...if one player leaves the game, the game will stop and bring you back to the main WFC menu...noobs cry if you win a race by snaking... it takes ages to find players online and start a game...I stopped playing online shortly after I got the game...in fact, I don't play the game at all anymore, because MKDD is better (and if you don't like MKDD, MK64 is still better)

I wonder why Nintendo didn't just use the same online system PC games have been using for 8 years, which work perfectly
Your a dull boy billy...

jlo mein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing a little Mario Kart Battle mode and not sure if I am doing it properly. It says to blow into the microphone to inflate your other balloons (you start with one). I blow as hard as I can but I get no more balloons.

I know my mic isn't broken because I just played Brain Age and did the colour saying quiz and it worked fine.

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must stop before blowing any balloons. You balloons won't fill up as you drive around. This basically leaves you as a sitting duck, so you don't want to be doing this just anywhere.

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oops, I played battle mode for the first time last night and didn't know you could blow up additional balloons. Interesting.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a problem...

Since i don't have speedometer in the game, i don't know how characters using different character's karts perform.

i'm a snaker (don't hate me just yet) and use low-drift stat cars (namely egg1 or ROB B) but i odn't know which character to use. does it matter? If i use a high acceleration egg1 and use browser, does it make the kart's max acceleration go up?

I looked at lap scores in websites and most of the pros use Dry bones with ROB B. any reason for this?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes, dry bones and toad are the most lightweight characters. Characters add weight to a kart's stats, that's all. You won't get other stat boosts. It's useful to have a very lightweight character because you'll suffer less whenever you've done a mistake and end up having to re-accelerate, or are racing in sand or dirt. (like the shortcut in Delfino Plaza)

I like to use Toad with Egg1, or Mario with the Dry Bomber (but just because Mario on a tank looks kickass!) In WFC, the rules are a bit different than for TT, y'know?
smile.gif

Frankly, most characters/karts are good enough to snake, it's just the training and getting used to time that varies - try them all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k