Mario Kart Double Dash sound hacking help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BlueFlacon, May 13, 2011.

May 13, 2011
  1. BlueFlacon
    OP

Newcomer BlueFlacon Member

Netherlands
    Hello, a few days ago i have extracted the mario kart double dash iso and found the music directory.
    It was very confused but i found out that mario kart dounle dash's music is infact midi-like music with samples and sequence files.
    I located every thing needed to play the song but i cant figure out how to convert the files to more common files.

So the sample files are compressed to mutiple AW files, the sequences are compressed intro 1 ARC file and there is another directory called stream, wich have names like: ENDING_0.x.32.c4.ast

can some genius help me with converting/extracting these files?

2. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
  3. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    The 'xxx' mark represents the extension of the sound files you want to transcode, in this case '(*.ast)'.

4. BlueFlacon
    OP

Newcomer BlueFlacon Member

Netherlands
    sorry but i have to call this 100% pure shit, iam talking about mario kart DOUBLE DASH, not mario kart WII, MKDD has sequence files with samples which togheter make the song

i know this topic is posted in wii hacking, but i couldnt find SOMETHING about gamecube stuff

5. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    He was talking 'bout the streamed audio files (the AST ones). The sequenced audio files (.AW) are not compatible with VGMStream, and the only tool capable of extracting/transcoding/converting them is dumpaw from HCS (though I don't know if it IS compatible with this game, since it was created specifically for TLoZ:WW).

Don't blame him, it's not his fault. Usually all these kind of streamed audio files can be transcoded with VGMStream, but as I said before, the program is not compatible with sequenced audio files, so it's completely normal to be confused. In my last post I was also referring to the AST files.