Mario Kart 8 - Direct, 30/04/2014

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It would have been cool if Nintendo had announced a new Plus Pro Controller (with triggers) just to play Mario Kart 8 with more precision when accelerating and stuff, but maybe they're holding it off to announce for Super Smash Bros. 4.

Other than this, I'm excited to try out MK8.
Triggers aren't used to drive in Mario Kart 8 though.
I don't even think any Mario Kart uses the triggers to drive.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
the pro controller has triggers and it would be more than adequate to play mk with?

That's not triggers, it's digital buttons (aka clicky buttons).

Triggers
razer_sabertooth_02-610x421.jpg

Digital Buttons
gw0084b-2_1.jpg

Triggers aren't used to drive in Mario Kart 8 though.
I don't even think any Mario Kart uses the triggers to drive.

Oh, you missed out on Mario Kart: Double Dash have you? You should play it, it's a ton of fun.

And Mario Kart Wii is also compatible with NGC's triggers so it gives more precision to the speed and drifting.

wavebird+side.JPG

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That's not triggers, it's digital buttons (aka clicky buttons).

Triggers
razer_sabertooth_02-610x421.jpg

Digital Buttons
gw0084b-2_1.jpg

Oh, you missed out on Mario Kart: Double Dash have you? You should play it, it's a ton of fun.

And Mario Kart Wii is also compatible with NGC's triggers so it gives more precision to the speed and drifting.

wavebird+side.JPG
They are still triggers regardless of if they are analog or digital..
Also, the triggers that double dash used were still for power sliding like every other game in the series, I was talking about for acceleration, where analog triggers would count.

Reactions: huma_dawii

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
That promotion of free game is really neat.... IF THE FREAKING NINTENDO CLUB WOULD BE AVAILABLE EVEN NEAR HERE!
Region locking is already bad enough. There was promotion that buying 8€ firts mario kart gets you 8€ discount to mario kart 8... yay...

So they have actually listened players and gave way to avoid blue shells. That's something alright. I know there has to be some things to balance players so it wouldn't be that one player completely murders everyone but ble shell was mostly stopping first player. Sonic Racing Transformed did this right in way of swarm where first player had most job to avoid them and it also slowed down few other racers after that.

Now that we are on topic why didn't nintendo even consider actual triggers? Gamepad is big enough to have them and pro controller is seperate purchare which could've included them. If they are REALLY releasing trigger edition which can be used with PC/other consoles I'm in.

Reactions: Qtis

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Looks like the same old Mario Kart I played on the Wii and 3DS with just an added HD makeover and a couple of gimmicks.

A racing game with gravity in it, wow I never thought I would see the day.

This direct was rush released unannounced at the last minute because the pre-order numbers for Mario Kart 8 are really bad. It is looking to be a flop like Super Mario 3D world and mario party island tour were, to name but a few Nintendo failures recently.

People aren't excited about this in the same way people don't get excited about a new COD, Fifa or Need for Speed, they have seen it and played it a million times before.

:(

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Looks like the same old Mario Kart I played on the Wii and 3DS with just an added HD makeover and a couple of gimmicks.

People aren't excited about this in the same way people don't get excited about a new COD, Fifa or Need for Speed, they have seen it and played it a million times before.

:(
I am very excited about this game. I don't really know what you are expecting. A mario Kart without karts? It seems that they improved the gameplay, have better online features and great graphics. The big difference to other game series is that they release only one Mario Kart for every system and the differences are obviously bigger than between e.g. FIFA 13 and 14.
I waited 6 years for a new Mario kart on the big screen and I can't be more excited.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo
The only company that needs 30 Minutes to announce.
- Replays
- Replay Youtube uploads
- Blueshell defense
- Boost through bumping
- 2 new Characters
- A bundle with offer

Also the voice of that Woman during the announcement of items was annoying.
Now it's finally time to release the Wii U to the public.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
yeah who really cares their still L-R buttons and still do the same thing...which is jump/slide. i'll be happily using my pro controller with mk8.

For adventure shooting games it's also a lot better to use controllers with triggers than digital buttons.

To say that it does the same thing you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tbh i might extend it to 2 or 3 weeks